Working with an experienced Natspec associate, the Natspec funding and compliance review provides specialist colleges with a detailed review of their ILR returns. The robustness of the evidence provided in your returns will be evaluated in line with the criteria used for Public Finance Audits (PFA). Please note this will not be a 100% audit that a PFA audit team would undertake, it is more a health check PFA process.
How does the review work?
In preparation for the review visit you will be asked to provide your ILR submission to the associate who will select a number of samples of returns for individual learners. For the visit itself, a secure and private space is required for the associate to examine requested documentation relating to your organisation and to learners. No documents will be removed.
The purpose of the inspection of the documents is to check:
- compliance with PFA Audit requirements as far as possible within constraints
- learner files are sufficiently robust for PFA Audit processes
- student work portfolios are adequate for PFA purposes
- compliance with Free School Meal requirements
- there is enough evidence to meet HNS contractual requirements
- in the RARPA recording processes, achievement recording is sufficiently robust
- Learner Agreements are sufficient
- ILPs are sufficient
- there are adequate records to demonstrate attendance, particularly where students do not complete programmes
- bursary claims and payments.
A detailed report with recommendations will be provided following the visit.
From £1,500 plus VAT and associate expenses payable on receipt of your report. The work required typically takes 2.5 days (larger colleges with a larger sample size may need additional days).
Cost includes planning discussions with the associate, a two-day visit and report.
To request a funding and compliance review, please complete the request form below. If you have any other queries, please email email@example.com