These resources are intended to support therapists in specialist colleges where therapy often forms a significant part of their inter-disciplinary approach.
Measuring the Outcomes of Therapy Toolkit
Natspec’s outcome measurement toolkit was developed by therapists from member colleges
- to provide some key resources to help measure the outcomes of therapy for students with SEND
- to demonstrate the impact of therapy.
The tools included are all capable of measuring the very small – but hugely significant – steps of progress that our students often make. This webinar gives you some ideas of how you might make use of the toolkit.
Posters from the Natspec Therapy Conference 2021
These posters offer summaries of creative approaches to therapy in use in Natspec member colleges.
- Multidisciplinary Approach to Support Clinically Vulnerable Students During COVID-19 Pandemic
- Online MDT sensory stories for students with PMLD during Covid lockdown
- Using visual supports to offer post-incident support
- Embedding the Just Right (Regulation) Programme into the Positive Behavious Support Strategy
Therapy webinars 2
Natspec regularly commissions webinars from member colleges to share effective practice. You can find more videos on other topics on our YouTube channel.
This webinar on providing therapy remotely was originally shown during the Covid pandemic. It was produced by TechAbility with input from Kate Boot (Oakwood Court College) and Martha Currie (Mable Therapy).
Therapists may also be interested in a webinar session Kate hosted entitled Creating and Adapting Resources for Teletherapy.
Two webinars from different colleges each unpacking the interdisciplinary approach they take in working with students with profound and multiple learning disabilities. The first is from National Star College and the second is from Bridge College.
Yoga and mindfulness for autism and ADHD
This webinar from Seashell Trust introduces the use of yoga within occupational therapy.
This webinar from TechAbility showcases some of the technology available to support the creation of social stories.