Natspec provides regular updates on Government policy, legislation, sector news and specialist college activities. This section holds the reports, publications, staff surveys and consultation results that relate to this work.
- November 2020: Response to Stopping movement of staff between care homes
- February 2020 Response to DfE consultation on removal of the Ofsted Outstanding Exemption
- Dec 2019 Estyn Consultation response
- July 2019 Natspec response to proposed changes to SPI funding methodology
- July 2019 Natspec response to High needs and AP funding call for evidence
- March 2019 ALN Wales Draft Code consultation response
- June 2018 Natspec submission to Education Select Committee
- May 2018: Response to Ofqual consultation on moderation and verification of centre assessment judgements
- Jan 2018 Response National Minimum Standards for residential standards FE
- March 2017: Stage 2 of the High Needs Funding consultation
- March 2017: Lenehan Review of Residential Specialist Schools and Colleges
- Feb 2017: DWP Work and Health Green Paper
- Jan 2017: Health Committee Inquiry into Mental Health
- Dec 2016: Consultation on the Additional Learning Needs and Education Tribunal (Wales) Bill
- August 2016: Response to Labour Party SEND review
- April 2016: High Needs Funding Consultation Stage 1
- June 2014: CQC consultation response
- May 2014: Code of Practice consultation response
- SEND in FE Key facts 2019 a collation of various data sources including numbers of young people with EHCPs, numbers of high needs students, and the number and range of providers
- Valuing specialism; realising potential: a manifesto for the 2019 general election setting out what the priorities are for SEND in FE for the next government
- The NAO report and the PAC Inquiry: a response to the NAO report into SEND and how the headlines of that report change when further education is taken into consideration
- New specialist provision: Research and policy paper October 2018: a paper discussing when it is appropriate to open a new specialist college and how best to ensure quality of provision
- Review of EHCPs in 2016 and 2017
A research paper analysing issues relating to quality of EHCPs in 2016 and 2017, with examples of good practice and recommendations for improvement.
- Residential Specialist Colleges: review of Ofsted reports
A paper summarising the evidence from Ofsted reports of residential specialist colleges, as part of our evidence to the Lenehan Review.
- Partnerships report 2016
A report examining best practice relating to partnerships between specialist providers and other organisations.
- Working together: LAs and Colleges 2016
A report supported by DfE, LGA, AoC, Natspec and AELP to build working relationships in commissioning.
- The value of developing the skills of independent living in an education rather than a care setting March 2014
share this page: