Publications and consultations
Natspec provides regular updates on Government policy, legislation, sector news and specialist college activities. This section holds the reports, publications, staff surveys and consultation results that relate to this work.
- June 2018 Natspec submission to Education Select Committee
- May 2018: Response to Ofqual consultation on moderation and verification of centre assessment judgements
- Jan 2018 Response National Minimum Standards for residential standards FE
- March 2017: Stage 2 of the High Needs Funding consultation
- March 2017: Lenehan Review of Residential Specialist Schools and Colleges
- Feb 2017: DWP Work and Health Green Paper
- Jan 2017: Health Committee Inquiry into Mental Health
- August 2016: Response to Labour Party SEND review
- April 2016: High Needs Funding Consultation Stage 1
- June 2014: CQC consultation response
- May 2014: Code of Practice consultation response
- New specialist provision: Research and policy paper October 2018: a paper discussing when it is appropriate to open a new specialist college and how best to ensure quality of provision
- SEND in FE Key facts Autumn 2018: a collation of various data sources including numbers of young people with EHCPs, numbers of high needs students, and the number and range of providers
- Review of EHCPs in 2016 and 2017
A research paper analysing issues relating to quality of EHCPs in 2016 and 2017, with examples of good practice and recommendations for improvement.
- Residential Specialist Colleges: review of Ofsted reports
A paper summarising the evidence from Ofsted reports of residential specialist colleges, as part of our evidence to the Lenehan Review.
- Partnerships report 2016
A report examining best practice relating to partnerships between specialist providers and other organisations.
- Working together: LAs and Colleges 2016
A report supported by DfE, LGA, AoC, Natspec and AELP to build working relationships in commissioning.
- The value of developing the skills of independent living in an education rather than a care setting March 2014