TechAbility is an Assistive Technology support service, run by Natspec and funded by the Karten Network. It aims to improve outcomes for learners with SEND in mainstream and specialist further education.
What the service offers
TechAbility provides a dynamic programme which includes:
- consultation on Assistive Technology performance and improvements
- bespoke training through our network of Centres of Excellence
- signposting to advice and guidance from the sector and by working in partnership with Karten Network, Jisc and sector bodies
- continued professional development, with access to specialist training events, advice, guidance and resources
- opportunities to share and develop good practice by networking with other professionals
For more information, please visit the website or get in touch via TechAbility@natspec.org.uk.
Who do they work with?
TechAbility works with specialist and general further education college staff in roles that support aspects of assistive technology. These staff may have a wide range of titles and functions, including:
- strategic managers
- network managers
- assistive technologists
- learning support
- curriculum staff
The role titles may vary, but the common factor is an interest in technology that improves the ability of learners to communicate, access learning and live independent, fulfilling and productive lives. And with more colleges offering blended learning programmes, or having students working from home, an awareness of the use of technology is becoming increasingly important to all college staff.share this page: