This is an interactive workshop for staff supporting students with SEND in the workplace including learning support assistants, tutors, teachers, and other support roles. This course provides a basic introduction to job-coaching for post-16 providers running Supported Internships, traineeships, apprenticeships, T levels, or study programmes with a substantial workplace learning element.
High quality job coaching is crucial to the success of programmes for learners with SEND, where paid employment is the desired outcome. Job coaches have been described as the “glue” that holds such learning programmes together and makes them work. It is primarily aimed at staff new to the job coaching role but will also be of interest to staff managing job coaches.
This workshop will:
- introduce you to the key components of the job coach role within the context of the Supported Employment model
- provide an overview of specialist job coaching skills including vocational profiling, employer engagement, job and task analysis, job matching and on- and off-the-job support
- through a self-audit process, give you the opportunity to appreciate the skills you already have relevant to the role and identify the skills you need to develop
- consider the job coach role and strategies for finding work placements in light of the current Covid pandemic.
This workshop will be delivered by a specialist trainer with extensive experience of working in the specialist FE sector and managing vocational programmes. There will also be the opportunity to share your experience and learning with colleagues in similar roles.
The below cost is for each attendee. All attendees need to register separately.
- Natspec members £40 + VAT
- Transform members £60 +VAT
- Non-members £80 +VAT
Invoices will be sent to attendees after the event.
This training is also available as an in-house programme. For further information please complete our Transform Expression of Interest form.
Details of other training courses offered by Natspec Transform can be found on our website.
Book your place
As this course is has a restricted numbers of attendees, we are limiting bookings to 4 per organisation as a maximum. If you would like this training for more people, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If you find that you cannot attend, please let us know as soon as possible so that we can make the space available for others.
By booking a place on this course, you’re agreeing to our cancellation terms and conditions.
Please visit the zoom registration page to book your place for this event.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email from Zoom containing information about joining the meeting. Please keep this somewhere accessible and check your spam folder before contacting email@example.com with any issues.
It is the attendee’s responsibility to ensure they can attend Zoom training sessions. If you are unfamiliar with Zoom or wish to test your system is compatible, please use the test meeting facility. Please also regularly ensure you have the latest version.