This workshop is for leaders and managers who have responsibility for overseeing the quality of the RARPA process and writing Self Assessment Reports (SARS) and Quality Improvement Plans (QIPs). The training will discuss the purpose of an internal review and consider the key questions and sources of evidence required. It will look at how to use the internal review as evidence of quality improvement and how to ensure planned action can take place.
In this workshop you will:
- Prepare for your own internal review of RARPA
- look at how to use the updated ETF self-audit tool to identify priorities for an internal review
- consider how to ensure your internal review tells you what you need to know
- identify key sources of evidence and key questions to undertake your own ‘deep dive’ into the RARPA process
- provide an opportunity to undertake a practical example of an internal review activity
- use a template to plan your internal review.
- create an action plan to move forward.
This module will benefit leaders and managers who have experience of developing a RARPA process and have completed Module 1: Introduction to implementing RARPA effectively and Module 2: Quality Assurance and Quality Improvement in the RARPA process.
Recommended prior learning
Knowledge and experience of implementing RARPA and a role in overseeing the quality of the RARPA process, (writing Self- Assessment Reports and Quality Improvement Plans).
One half day session.
The workshop is available as an external training session or can be delivered in-house for an individual provider.
You can request this workshop as it suits you through our expression of interest form. Alternatively, you can call the office on 0115 854 1322.
This training event is part of our series of four online, interactive training modules for post-16 education providers working with learners with SEND who currently use, or are thinking of introducing, the RARPA process.