Landmarks is a thriving, Independent Specialist College for adults with learning difficulties and disabilities. We are proud to deliver high-quality post 16 specialist education and support to maximise our learner’s life opportunities and unlock their potential. Our Pathways are tailored to meet a variety of needs and aspirations. Based in Eckington but operating across five sites throughout the East Midlands and South Yorkshire.
We are a regional provider, accepting learners from across the East Midlands and South Yorkshire.
Landmarks offer bespoke programmes of study that prepare learners for their adult lives and future choices. The curriculum is entirely practical, delivered across many unique learning environments; such as a public house, smallholding, supermarkets and communities local to learners’ homes.
Landmarks also work with over 60 local and national employers via its dedicated recruitment “WayFinder Specialist Employment Service”. Learners on the Employability Pathway experience work at local employers in the industry’s learners would like to work in and receive up to 3-days supported employment training. With most learners securing employment, the WayFinder teams family and employer approach support successful outcomes into employment.
Learners benefit from embedded English, Maths & IT, independence skills and employability focused Pathways.
Vocational options available are:
- Employability Skills
- Duke of Edinburgh
- Hospitality & Catering
- Personal Development
- Land-Based Studies
- Animal Care Studies
- Travel Training
- Functional Skills
- RARPA Targets
All Vocational subjects are accredited through nationally recognised qualifications.
Our offer can be delivered in a truly individualised approach, which has led to very high rates of success.
- Unique Hospitality & Catering training venues
- Operational Working Farm
- Supported Internships
- Employment After Care Service
- Work Experience
- In-house Speech & Language Therapy
- In-house Occupational Therapy
- In-house Emotional Well-being Worker
- Independent Careers Advisor
- Sensory environment
- Duke of Edinburgh Approved Activity Provider
- Information, advice and guidance (Matrix accredited)
- Numerous community-based teaching and learning opportunities across East Midlands and South Yorkshire
- After Care After College Club for Employment learners up to 3 years
- Lifelong Learning Day Services
- School Links Programme
- Parental Engagement Activities
After College After Care
WayFiinder Specialist Employment Service offers ongoing support and encouragement after College. We provide our learners with the following ongoing aftercare:
- CV Writing
- Applying for Jobs
- Applying for Voluntary Placements
- Support during job interviews