To become a Natspec affiliate, your organisation must be:
- An incorporated college (general FE college, sixth form college, land-based college, specialist designated college in England, or further education institution in Wales). Individual departments or specialist units within these colleges can also join directly.
- An independent learning provider, or adult and community learning provider, inspected by Ofsted / Estyn and funded by ESFA or Welsh Government, where provision for students with EHCPs is a part of wider FE provision.
- Another FE sector provider, where provision for students with EHCPs, or equivalent in Wales and Scotland, is part of a wider FE provision.
If you are unsure whether your organisation is eligible, please contact email@example.com
Once your application has been accepted, all staff working for the affiliated organisation will have the opportunity to take advantage of the benefits below.
As a Natspec affiliate, you receive benefits to your whole organisation across a variety of different areas. Whether you wish to attend our specialist training at a discounted rate, promote your work, or receive news from across the sector, you’ll be able to find something for you in our list below.
Develop your organisation and your staff with expert training, events, and consultancy
- Enjoy significant discounts across our Transform and TechAbility training offer:
- At least 15% discount on Transform online training – designed for managers, teachers and support staff covering a range of topics including SEND Leadership; RARPA; employability; the quality of teaching, learning, assessment and support; and developing a curriculum for learners with PMLD
- At least 15% discount on TechAbility online training – designed to train staff to make more effective use of technology to support learners. Aimed at teaching and support staff, leadership, therapists, and Assistive Technologists
- More than 10% discount on training delivered directly to your organisation. Most of our training is available to be adapted to in-house training, just consult the relevant training page for more information.
- Take advantage of discounted entry, across all packages, to the annual Natspec National Conference
- Significant discount on places at the annual TechAbility Conference, essential CPD for anyone using technology to support disabled learners
- 5% discount on individual learner assessments, carried out by an experienced Assistive Technology assessor
- Discounted access to expert bespoke consultancy services to support you with a wide array of topics and issues
Keep updated on the latest advice, guidance, and news from across the sector
- A monthly policy briefing summarising issues relevant to the whole sector. This also includes details of upcoming training, events, and other opportunities
Promote your provision across the sector at local, regional, and national levels
- Your organisation will be listed on the Natspec website, sharing details about your organisation to prospective parents and learners
- Promote your success stories in our Natspec Highlights and other news publications
- You have the opportunity to vote for the Board member with a policy portfolio covering the wider FE sector
Network with peers across the sector, sharing best practice and exchanging ideas
- Get involved in our cross-sector research and development projects
- Links into national networks of similar providers
Involve your learners in events, projects, and consultations
- Join us at Natspec Games to get your learners’ participating in a variety of sports and activities, either at one of our in-person, member-hosted events, or attend our online sessions during the virtual games week
- You can attend our twice-yearly Student Voice Parliament where you can showcase the work of your student council, network with others, and discuss issues affecting learners, with learners
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions regarding becoming a Natspec affiliate.
£500 per membership year (April 1 to March 31). This is not subject to VAT.