Natspec is proud to support #LoveOurColleges week this week from 15-19 October. The week is about celebrating the contributions colleges and college staff make to the lives of learners in the country, and how they benefit their local communities.
Colleges are central to the English education system and educate and train 2.2 million people every year. The campaign has been coordinated by the Association of Colleges, so many of the messages relate to mainstream colleges, and our role is to ensure the needs of SEND learners and the voice of the specialist college sector is also heard within the campaign.
Funding cuts and under-resourced staff and facilities have left colleges feeling unsupported and unheard as the costly requirements for addressing the needs of each individual learner rises. This is why we believe that #LoveOurColleges week is an excellent opportunity for Natspec colleges to highlight the best of themselves, whether that’s brilliant tutors, events or services, classes or happy students and outcomes. Spotlight the people who uphold the meaning of ‘love your colleges’ and show the importance of fair funding and consideration for colleges everywhere.
We would love Natspec colleges to get involved. Here are a number of things you could do:
- Capture your learners’ favourite thing about college life as a video clip or written testimonial along with a fitting picture. Publish this across social media while hashtagging #LoveOurColleges #Natspec in your post, and we will RT selected content.
- Capture the thoughts of tutors, LSAs, therapists or other professionals on college life or the college’s contribution to the community, and learners’ development as a short video or written testimonial and publish this with a picture on social media while hashtagging #LoveOurColleges #Natspec in your post, and we will RT selected content.
- Encourage learners and staff to get involved with sharing good news and testimonials about college life, their aspirations and how college life helps them achieve this while tagging the relevant hashtags #LoveOurColleges #Natspec in your post, and we will RT selected content.
- Share outstanding facts about your colleges on social media, it’s achievements, supporting learners, improving outcomes for education for learners with SEND while hashtagging #LoveOurColleges #Natspec in your post, and we will RT selected content.
- Write to your MP highlighting the issues and inviting them to visit your college – templates are on the website. For specific policy asks regarding specialist colleges, use the Natspec policy priorities document
If you have any particular campaigns planned – let us know so we can provide support and assistance where possible.
Please visit www.collegesweek.co.uk for more guidance and information.