Home > News > Blog > Key Facts: High needs provision in FEshare this page:
Natspec has collated some of the latest data on SEND in further education covering key trends, such as:
- The number of 16 to 19-year olds with an Education, Health and Care Plan has increased by 13% since 2017, and the number of 20-25 year olds has increased by 84%
- There are now over 47,000 students aged 16 to 25 funded through the high needs system. Over 29,000 of these are educated in colleges, specialist colleges and independent learning providers.
- There are over half a million students in Further Education with a self-declared learning difficulty or disability
- Since 2017, there have been 28 providers approved as new specialist colleges.
- Natspec colleges educate over 4,000 students, and over 91% of students are in colleges judged Good or Outstanding by Ofsted.
Key Facts 2018
Members only content
This content is for Natspec members only. Please log in to access it.
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions.