Upper Floor, 50 Forder Way
- Sense College Centre Streatley
Great Bramingham Lane
- Sense College Centre Rothwell
Rothwell Grange Court
- Sense College Centre Peterborough
Ground Floor, 50 Forder Way
- Sense College Centre Knapwell
The Cornfield Suite
- Sense College Centre Dereham
32 Bertie Ward Way
Rash's Green Industrial Estate
- Sense College Centre Bedford
The Pilgrim Centre
- Sense College Centre Aldeby
Aldeby Business Park
- Sense College @ Touchbase Pears Birmingham
750 Bristol Road
16 – 25
- Telephone Number:
- Email Address:
Sense College is independent specialist college for young people aged 16-25, with special educational needs and disabilities. We provide personalised learning experiences that equip young people with the best education and skills required to achieve their chosen independent living, education and/or employment goals.
We operate a multi-site provision, within centres in Birmingham, Peterborough, Knapwell, Dereham, Aldeby, Rothwell, Bedford and Luton.
The college offers three curriculum pathways:
Learning for Life: This pathway is a person-centred learning programme for young people with complex needs. The programme aims to promote independence and prepares students for adulthood.
Foundation Learning: Students follow a study programme consisting of courses linked to their career work and future study aspirations. Students follow entry 1, 2 and 3 courses preparing and progressing them towards Level 1 study.
Employability: Students following this pathway aspire to achieve employment or acquire significant work experience that prepares them well for their intended vocation.
- Highly personalised and progression focused learning programmes
- Ongoing support with vocational and independent living life skills
- Wellbeing, health and care plans
- Courses linked to external accreditation, leading to nationally recognised qualifications
- Learning through meaningful, realistic and practical activities
- Programmes and strategies designed to assist students to cope and become more confident in social situations
- Specialist sensory and communication assessment and support
- An extensive programme of social, leisure and sporting activities within the local community
- Will follow a personalised study programme via one of our curriculum pathways
- Move onto higher levels of learning
- Are equipped with skills for the workplace
- Are more confident and independent, have greater awareness of and access to local facilities
- Have greater awareness of healthy living and maintaining personal wellbeing
To request a prospectus from Sense College please fill in the details below and click submit.