NHS England - Choices College
Address:NHS England - Choices College
Newcastle upon Tyne
- Choices College - York
Friends Meeting House
- Choices College - West London
Learning and Development
West London NHS Trust
St Bernard’s Site - E Block
- Choices College - Sunderland
Beacon of Light
- Choices College - Stockton
Ragworth Neighbourhood Centre
5 St John's Way
- Choices College - South Tyneside
Ocean Road Community Centre
- Choices College - South London
7-14 Great Dover St,
- Choices College - Sheffield
St Mary's Community Centre
- Choices College - Portsmouth and Southampton
Whiteley Community Centre
- Choices College - Northumberland
Blyth Community Enterprise Centre
- Choices College - North Tyneside
Norham Community Wing
- Choices College - North London
213 Haverstock Hill
- Choices College - North Hampshire
Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Unit 4, Millennium House
- Choices College - Newcastle
Newcastle upon Tyne
- Choices College - Middlesbrough/Redcar & Cleveland
17 North St
- Choices College - Manchester
3 Piccadilly Place
- Choices College - Lincoln
Lime Kiln Way
- Choices College - Hartlepool
Centre for Excellence in Creative Arts
King Oswy Drive
- Choices College - Duham
Durham Clayport Library
8 Millennium Place
- Choices College - Darlington
- Choices College - Birmingham
23 Stephenson St
September - January
16 – 24
- Telephone Number:
- Email Address:
The study programme is for 16–24-year-olds with learning difficulties, disabilities and/or Autism. There are no academic requirements to join the Supported Internship course, however individuals will need to have an aspiration to work and a current Education, Health, and Care Plan (EHCP) in place.
We are a national specialist provider located in over 20 different sites and working with over 45 local authorities. Please see our satellite sites listed for further information.
Choices College is a registered national specialist college which provides Special Education Needs and Disability (SEND) educational support.
All our education provision is subject to OFSTED inspection and Department for Education (DFE) regulations.
We teach an Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) approved curriculum and deliver National Council for Further Education (NCFE) accredited provision.
Our curriculum includes:
- Employability Skills
- Functional Maths and English
- Preparation for Adulthood
- CV, interview, and job search preparation
- Work-based learning in a range of employment sites
Choices College operates 5 days a week, Monday to Friday over an academic year, September to July,
Placements with Choices College business partners are bespoke and related to each Interns’ skills and interests.
Throughout the year, Interns attend weekly 1 full day of education (maths, English and employability lessons) and up to 4 days of professional work placements.
Interns attend a 2-week full-time induction prior to starting any placements with educational learning including confidentiality, inclusion and diversity and professional expectations.
Interns attend all additional training as required by their placement partner.
Local College Coordinators complete weekly/ fortnightly reviews and work with partners to develop and maintain the Interns’ placements.
Work Experience - Term time placements for Learners still attending SEND schools (aged 14-18).
Virtual work-related learning platform – delivered in class for learners attending SEND schools (aged 15-18)
Preparing for Adulthood workshops – delivered in class for learners attending SEND schools (Key stage 3 & 4)
Stakeholder training in:
- Mentor training
- Mental health first aid
- Autism awareness training
- Training in systematic instruction
- Job coach training
- Postive Behaviour Training
To request a prospectus from NHS England - Choices College please fill in the details below and click submit.