Fairfield Farm College is a specialist college for young people with learning disabilities with residential, day and weekend courses. You usually join the Vocational, Employability and Independence Training course when you are between 16 and 19 years old, you can also join when older providing you have completed your course before your 25th birthday.
Situated in the village of Dilton Marsh in Wiltshire, our 26-acre farm site includes well-resourced teaching, employability, vocational learning and work-based learning areas, a student common room, multi-use games area, conference room, café and a farm shop.
We offer a wide range of flexible day college and residential programmes. Some residential programmes are up to 52 weeks per year.
When you start at the college, you will take part in an induction course where you can try all of our subjects to help us develop a programme with you that meets your longer term aspirations.
• iCurriculum -independence skills training and personal, social and health education
• vocational learning (enterprise, art, animal management horse studies, horticulture)
• communication, literacy, numeracy and IT skills
• work-based learning & employability skills (catering, café, horticulture, retail, catering, customer care and office skills)
• regular external work experience, initially with an appropriate level of support
• independent advice and guidance
We are based on a 26-acre farm site with the following specialist facilities:
- farm livestock and small animals
- horses, stables and outdoor arena
- enterprise workshop
- plant houses and outdoor growing areas
- hospitality kitchen
- outdoor learning facilities
- farm shop, post office and café
- conference venue
- large student common room with gym equipment
- multi-use games area
- adapted houses
Work Experience at Hope Nature Centre