Chatsworth Futures is a special day college in Swinton, Salford, meeting the needs of people with severe learning disabilities, profound and multiple learning disabilities and autism spectrum conditions. We provide a supportive and challenging environment to empower and enable learners to develop their functional skills, independence, communication and skills for living, using practical activities and realistic contexts in which to learn, develop and grow.
Most of our learners live in the surrounding area of Salford however, we do have some learners from out of borough.
Person-centred planning, independence, functional skills, emplyability skills, communication and personal and social development are at the core of our learning programmes. We offer highly individualised programmes in a range of areas including English and maths, early communication, cognitive and sensory skills, daily living skills, horticulture, cookery and arts and crafts. Learners participate in a range of enrichment activities and community trips and visits.
- we have a newly refurbished building providing a range of safe learning environments
- 5 classrooms, a large hall, college common room and dining room, kitchen facilities
- highly experienced and dedicated qualified teachers and teaching assistants
- challenging behaviour expertise
- music therapy
- sensory integration
- dance and movement,
- a variety of community based learning and teaching facilities.
- Speech and Language Therapist
- Occupational Therapist