Salary: up to £15 ph (dependent upon experience) plus a competitive benefits package
Main geographical location of role: Wigan
Closing date: 24 February
Where do applicants need to apply: firstname.lastname@example.org
My Life Learning is an alternative educational establishment nestled with in the heart of My Life Legacy, Standish, Wigan. Established in 2015, our focus is on Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) and we pride ourselves on preparing young adults for their next step on their journey; smoothly, gradually, and independently.
We are Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) approved/Ofsted compliant and our work is incorporated into three main strands: Horticulture, Animal Care and creative and functional life skills to encourage independence, academic achievement, and social and daily living skill sets. Learning is provided to 16 to 25 years olds and our education programme is tailored to individuals learning abilities and needs. We encourage learning by creating a fun and creative learning environment incorporating the use of all senses.
We apply an evidence-based approach, that includes an emphasis on excellent teaching performance, high learner attainment with goals that are suitable and relative to the individual’s needs and abilities. We strongly believe that everyone has the ability to learn. As a result, we believe it is our duty as educators to continually improve the way we teach in order to meet the individual needs of each child and employ this as best practice. At our core is the ability to be flexible and find out the unique needs of each learner in order to modify the way we teach, with all learners receiving a unique assessment to establish their core learning style.
As a Tutor at My Life you will plan and deliver engaging lessons, either on a 1 to 1 basis or to small groups of learners. You will develop their skills, track their progress and, where appropriate, you will assist them in gaining relevant qualifications.
You will also be responsible for the following:
- Planning and delivery of high-quality teaching and learning to meet the needs of individual learners across a range of subjects
- Ensure the programmes are tailored to support individual learners needs and support their learning outcomes as identified in their Education Health Care plan by creating learning plans which are challenging and attainable
- Implement and maintain robust tracking systems to ensure all learners are making the necessary progress and to work collaboratively with other staff members to ensure the needs of the learners are addressed and learning is accessible and inclusive
- Line managing, supporting, and directing learning support assistants within the classroom and during non-contact activities.
What you’ll need to Succeed
- Degree in Education or Special Education/ level 5 qualification in a related vocational area
- Teaching qualification
- PGCE/PGDE in post compulsory education or other relevant teaching qualification related to the role
- Level 2 or higher English and Maths
- Working within an FE specialist education setting delivering Entry 1 – Level 3 programmes of study
- Multi-skilled in a range of subjects, including but not limited to PSHE, Employment, English, Maths and Horticulture
- Experience of developing a curriculum, and accreditation of learning
- Experience of working with and teaching young people with learning difficulties and Autism
- Knowledge and understanding of accredited and non-accredited learning programmes (RARPA) assessment and moderation processes
- Experience of managing and developing a small team of staff.
What you will get in return
In return, you will have the opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of our learners whilst benefiting from the following:
- Full paid induction
- On-going Continuing Personal Development
- Free onsite parking
- Permanent contract
- Up to £15 per hour (dependent upon experience) plus a competitive benefits package
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note that only suitable candidates will be contacted.
My Life is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Those working for My Life will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. My Life is an equal opportunities employer.share this page: