Salary: £29,314 per annum.
Hours: Full Time
Location: Bridge College, Manchester
Closing date: 21 August
Where do applicants need to apply: For further information, and to apply, please visit our jobs page: https://careers.togethertrust.org.uk/Vacancies/Details/99693
We’re looking for Speech and language therapist at Bridge College in Openshaw.
Bridge College educates a broad range of young people aged between 16-25 years with learning disabilities, physical difficulties and Autism Spectrum Conditions. Speech and Language Therapy, Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy and Positive Behaviour Support are embedded into college life and the curriculum in order to facilitate students’ learning and progress.
The focus of intervention of the therapy teams is to upskill the wider staff team through high quality training and collaborative working in order to ensure that therapeutic strategies are embedded across the curriculum and throughout college.
The post holder will be expected to manage a caseload under the direction of the Speech and Language Therapy team Lead, and support in the development of the service in line with the College quality assurance processes, self-assessment and quality improvement plans.
The post holder will ensure clinical practice is up to date and based on agreed best clinical practice and evidence base. The post holder is expected to participate in relevant education/training opportunities, read and critically appraise research articles in professional journals and utilise audit and research in daily practice.
The post holder will establish/maintain internal and external networks in order to maintain good standards of practice, embrace new professional and clinical initiatives for the service and enhance job satisfaction. The post holder will also maintain personal CPD portfolio in order to meet HCPC and RCSLT registration requirements
The post holder will be required to liaise with families/carers and outside agencies on therapy related matters. This will aim to improve outcomes by promoting collaborative relationships with students, parents/carers and staff taking into account their needs, wishes and ideas and respecting their diversity.
The post holder will be based in Openshaw, at the College’s campus. However, as Bridge College also delivers outreach therapy services, the postholder may be required to travel within the region for this. There may be occasions where the post holder will work out of hours which may include evening and weekend working. Home visits may also be required.
As part of the Together Trust’s Education Services the post holder will be expected to work closely with professionals in other services and support the ethos of the Together Trust and Bridge College.
In respect of the general responsibilities as an employee of Together Trust, the post holder will be required to:
- Promote a positive image of the service and the Together Trust at all times
- Be aware of and follow the relevant policies and procedures
- Maintain confidentiality for all areas of the post
- Co-operate with all Together Trust staff in maintaining harmonious interpersonal relations
- Be committed to the Trust’s values of being positive, supportive, passionate and professional
- Perform any duties as may reasonably be required by the Together Trust, or as requested by the post holder’s line manager and other senior managers.
Honours degree in Speech and Language Therapy
Registered member of RCSLT and HCPC
Completion of the RCSLT’s NQP competencies
You’ll get to help the people we support celebrate along the road to a brighter future. And, be part of an incredible team of like-minded peers. Together we work hard, laugh a lot, and support each other. We also have a range of rewards and benefits for our staff:
- 28 days annual leave rising to 33 after 5 years
- A company pension plan with 7% employer contribution
- Opportunity to purchase a health plan to claim towards therapy, dental and more
- Unlimited access to our employee assistance programme for advice and support
- Support from mental health first aiders
- Follow your ambitions and progress your career through on-the-job training, apprenticeships and qualifications