This service is primarily targeted at Natspec member colleges who have recently received
- a ‘Requires Improvement’ or ‘Inadequate’ Ofsted inspection report
- an Ofsted monitoring report where judgements are mainly ‘Insufficient Progress’
- the equivalent from Estyn in Wales.
Member colleges in this position will normally receive an email from Clare Howard or Ruth Perry, once their inspection or monitoring report is published, inviting them to take up this support.
The service provides you with support from a College Improvement Partner (CIP), an experienced Natspec associate, who will help you:
- and your staff team respond positively after a disappointing Ofsted or Estyn inspection or monitoring report
- identify priority areas to address
- develop a post-inspection improvement plan and monitor progress against it
- introduce, implement, and assess the impact of improvement actions.
The service is completely bespoke, allowing you and your CIP to agree the exact nature of the support you need, over what period it will be delivered and how many days of your CIP’s time are required.
Costs for this service will vary according to how much support you require but are based on a member-only rate of £650 per day of your CIP’s time.
If you think you are eligible for this service but have not been offered the support of a college improvement partner and would like to find out more, contact Ruth.Perry@natspec.org.uk. Non-member specialist FE colleges seeking similar post-inspection support should complete an expression of interest form with details of their requirements. This service is not suitable for other types of provider.