Job title: Principal – Sense College
Salary: £54,362 per annum
Hours: Full time
Main geographical location of role: Loughborough
Closing date: 31/1/2022
Where do applicants need to apply: http://jobs.sense.org.uk/vacancies/7623/SEN/principal_sense_college/
Sense College Loughborough (SCL) is seeking a new Principal due to the retirement of the current post holder in July 2021. We are a well established independent specialist college holding an Ofsted Good Grade 2 grading as of November 2019.
Students at the college participate in our vibrant, skills-based curriculum whilst some also take the opportunity to study at our partner, Loughborough College, with our specialist support. Our aim is to prepare people for as fulfilling an adult life as possible by maximising independence.
SCL was previously known as RNIB College Loughborough and was acquired by Sense, a national charity working with people with complex needs, in September 2020 and came within the Sense College structure at that time. Sense College is the overarching name for Sense College Loughborough and Sense College East (SCE) and each college has its own separate DfE and Ofsted registration.
You will be joining us at an exciting time as we have commenced the process of developing a Sense College 2022-2025 strategy that will recognise and celebrate the differences between Sense College Loughborough and Sense College East, whilst bringing us together culturally, operationally and reflecting the views of all our stakeholders. SCL will be a key part of delivering the Sense 2021-2026 strategy through the work of SCL becoming part of the Sense Hub programme.
The successful applicant will report to the Executive Principal and will be a member of Sense College senior management team.
This is a permanent role working 37.5 hours per week and will be based at Sense College Loughborough.
First Stage Interviews: Wednesday 23 February 2022
Second Stage Interviews: Wednesday 2 March 2022
- Supporting the Executive Principal in developing the strategic direction of Sense College Loughborough.
- Working collaboratively with the Executive Principal, Sense College Head of Performance Management and College Improvement (HOPCI) and Assistant Principals to ensure high quality college services are delivered within an ethos of continuous improvement.
- Leading and managing the efficient and effective deployment of staff and resources to ensure Sense College Loughborough meets financial and growth targets whilst ensuring the college delivers innovative and effective services.
- Ensuring young people and adults accessing Sense College Loughborough receive excellent education, care and support during their time at college so they can achieve high quality positive outcomes in all aspects of their development.
- Supporting the Executive Principal in developing and maintaining relationships with key external professionals in the education field that offer Sense opportunities to further develop educational services.
- Working in collaboration with Sense colleagues and the college senior management team in the areas of innovation, marketing and growth, corporate quality and compliance team, supporting and developing excellence and innovation in working with people with complex needs.
- Contributing to the corporate leadership of Sense through actively contributing to the Sense Leadership team and sharing responsibility for overall organisational performance.
- Full job specification is available at http://jobs.sense.org.uk/vacancies/7623/SEN/principal_sense_college/