Hours: Approximately 16hrs per week, negotiable
Location: Home-based, initially, then from the Natspec office in Nottingham
Reports to: Office and Business Support Manager
Contract: Fixed-term to July 2021, with potential for extension
Salary: FTE £17,500 (pro-rata £7,466)
Overview of the job
We are currently seeking a dedicated individual to work in a varied role as part of our small team. As an office and events assistant, you will be involved in many aspects of the organisation’s activities such as responding to enquiries, data entry, event administration and research. The successful candidate will be given full support and training to enable them to undertake a wide range of tasks.
This is a really fantastic opportunity for someone looking for an all-round office role with lots to offer and learn.
We anticipate that this role will be home-based for at least the first few months. We do, however, have an office in Nottingham and occasional working at our office can be discussed if required. We will work with the successful candidate to ensure they have the equipment, training and support needed to be able to do the job from home. You will, however, need reliable wi-fi and access to a suitable place to undertake your duties, including taking part in regular online meetings.
About the employer
Natspec is a membership association for organisations offering specialist further education and training for students with learning difficulties and/or disabilities.
Our vision is that all young people with learning difficulties or disabilities can access high quality education and training, which meets their individual needs and supports their aspirations for skills, work and life.
Our core activities are:
- Supporting and informing our members to raise the quality of provision through events, guidance and briefings
- Advocating for our members and influencing policy by representing members to government and promoting the work of our members through articles, e-newsletters and social media.
- Supporting the wider Further Education sector with training and development, projects and partnerships, and inter-college activities such as Natspec Games and Student Parliament.
Roles and responsibilities
- Monitoring the generic organisation inbox and signposting where appropriate
- Taking requests for directories and other Natspec information and organising distribution, including mailouts
- Producing and responding to emails
- Post (incl. courier arrangements and cheque payments)
- Using Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel to create, edit and produce documents / information
- General team administration including scanning, filing, CRM data entry
- Basic internet research (e.g. social media handles, non-member information from their websites)
- Other administrative duties to support the wider team, as required
- Preparing document packs for training
- Events administration (e.g. creating delegate lists, setting up virtual events, sending pre-event and post-event information for delegates, using Survey Monkey and Zoom to create surveys and event reports)
- Attending occasional online events to run polls / provide technical assistance to facilitator / answer technical queries from delegates
- Competent using Microsoft Office 365
- Ability to use online meeting platforms such as Zoom and MS Teams
- Time management
- Prioritising tasks
- Attention to detail – taking care to ensure work is accurate
- Good telephone skills – able to listen, respond and gather information, given guidance
- Good work planning skills and the ability to complete tasks in the time given
- Previous administration experience required
- Friendly, reliable, and trustworthy
- Quick to learn
- Flexible attitude with an ability to respond to changing priorities
- Proactive approach, ‘can do attitude’, uses initiative to take tasks forward once trained
- Team player
- Grades A*-D/9-3 GCSE, or equivalent, in English and maths preferred.
How to apply
Please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 27 November. The cover letter should set out why you are interested in this job, what attracts you to Natspec in particular, and must give examples of how you have met the job description and person specification in current or previous roles.
Interviews will be held over Zoom on Tuesday 8 December.
Any queries, please email email@example.com this page: