Hours: 0.7FTE (approx. 26 hours)
Location: Home-based, initially, then from the Natspec office in Nottingham
Reports to: Office and Business Support Manager
Salary: FTE £17,500 (pro-rata £12,244)
Overview of the job
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic individual to work in a varied role as part of our small team. As an office and events assistant, you will be involved in many aspects of the organisation’s activities such as responding to enquiries, research, event administration and support, and creating and maintaining electronic processes. The successful candidate will be given full support and training to enable them to undertake a wide range of tasks. This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone looking for an all-round office role.
Core hours for this role will be 9am – 3pm, Tues – Thurs. The remaining hours can be worked flexibly as per the requirements of the successful applicant. This role is approximately 26 hours per week.
We anticipate that this role will be home-based for at least the first few months. We do, however, have an office in Nottingham and occasional working at our office can be discussed if required. We will work with the successful candidate to ensure they have the equipment, training and support needed to be able to do the job from home. You will need reliable wi-fi and access to a suitable place to undertake your duties, including taking part in regular online meetings.
About the employer
Natspec is a membership association for organisations offering specialist further education and training for students with learning difficulties and/or disabilities.
Our vision is that all young people with learning difficulties or disabilities can access high quality education and training, which meets their individual needs and supports their aspirations for skills, work and life.
Our core activities are:
- Supporting and informing our members to raise the quality of provision through events, guidance and briefings
- Advocating for our members and influencing policy by representing members to government and promoting the work of our members through articles, e-newsletters and social media.
- Supporting the wider Further Education sector with training and development, projects and partnerships, and inter-college activities such as Natspec Games and Student Parliament.
- Using Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook to create, edit and produce documents / information
- Monitoring the training inbox, producing and responding to emails, signposting where appropriate
- Internet research tasks
- Post (incl. directory requests, courier arrangements and cheque payments)
- General team administration including scanning, filing, CRM data entry
- Other administrative duties to support the wider team, as required
- Event administration (e.g. creating delegate lists, setting up virtual events, sending pre- and post-event information, using SurveyMonkey and Zoom to create surveys and attendee reports)
- Supporting online events to run polls / breakout rooms / provide assistance to facilitator
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to prioritise a varied workload
- Ability to act quickly in response to changing priorities
- Attention to detail – taking care to ensure work is accurate
- Good work-planning skills and the ability to complete tasks in the time given
- Good communication skills – able to listen, respond and gather information
- Previous administration experience required
- Ability to use online meeting platforms such as Zoom and MS Teams is desirable
- Quick to learn
- Flexible, ‘can do’ attitude
- Proactive approach, uses initiative to take tasks forward once trained
- Team player
- Friendly, reliable, and trustworthy
Grades A*-D/9-3 GCSE, or equivalent, in English and maths preferred.
How to apply
Please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday 2 March.
The cover letter should set out why you are interested in this job, what attracts you to Natspec in particular, and must give examples of how you have met the job description and person specification in current or previous roles.
Practice-based interviews will be held for successful applicants.
Any queries, please email email@example.com this page: