Foxes Academy are looking for an enthusiastic Occupational Therapist to work as part of their Therapy team in an independent specialist college (18-25 years old). This post would ideally suit an individual who already has some experience of working as a paediatric therapist, and/or experience working in a school or college setting.
You will receive regular supervision and will work in close partnership with Speech and Language Therapists, Cognitive Behaviour Therapist, educational staff and families/carers to help the students reach their full potential. This position can offer a fantastic opportunity to develop your skills within a specialist setting and become part of an outstanding provision at Foxes Academy.
• To manage a caseload of young adults with learning disabilities with a range of Occupational Therapy needs relating to ASD, Global Development Delay, Downs Syndrome and other conditions.
• To complete comprehensive assessments when required for pupils on your caseload to determine their individual Occupational Therapy needs.
• To plan, deliver and evaluate 1:1 and group evidence-based therapy programmes to develop skills in fine and gross motor development, development with activities of daily living skills and support sensory processing skills and attention and listening skills.
• To develop effective working relationships with college staff and liaise regularly regarding implementation of programmes and strategies across the different college environments (hotel, accommodation and educational).
• HCPC registered Occupational Therapist.
• Experience of working as a paediatric therapist, and/or experience working in a school setting.
The salary range for this position, based on 42 working weeks (40 hours per week) is £23,338-£26,520 per annum dependent upon qualifications and experience. The position available will primarily involve working Monday to Friday, but at times we will require you to work flexible hours to suit the needs of the students. Applications from candidates wishing to work full-time or part-time will be considered.
Application deadline: Friday 23 August 12.00 noon.
Apply here: https://foxesacademy.ac.uk/careers/
If you would like to speak to someone abut this position please contact the HR Department on 01643 708529 Ext 1022 or visit our website to download an application pack.
Please note that CVs will not be accepted.