Seashell Trust is looking for an inspirational leader to join our innovative and ambitious organisation as the Head of Royal College Manchester. Royal College Manchester provides education and care for young people (up to 25 years) with severe, profound and complex learning difficulties and disabilities, sensory impairment and communication disorders and autism.
Our mission is to empower young people with low incidence special educational needs through the provision of high quality personalised learning programmes in preparation for adulthood. We have a strong track record in securing positive destinations in supported work, living and active participation in the community for young people as the outcome of their learning programme.
The successful Head will work with a team of teaching support and therapy professionals in a well-resourced setting and will work with the executive leadership team, governors and heads of services across the Trust to provide high quality education that delivers excellent outcomes for young people in preparation for adulthood.
• A degree or comparable level of educational achievement, and evidence of continuous professional development at postgraduate level
• Experience of leadership and senior management in an education setting
• Experience in teaching SEN post 16 education
• A thorough knowledge and understanding of legislation relating to SEN and Disability Inclusion
• Dynamic leadership skills that deliver outstanding education to students
• Demonstrable effective teaching and learning methodologies
• Ability to lead and develop cross functional teams to operate successfully in high pressure and sometimes challenging environments
• Previous experience managing budgets to deliver high cost services within agreed budget parameters
• Car driver, with access to own transport
Salary: £56,059 – £62,287 + Teachers’ Pension + Benefits
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, 52 weeks
Location: Cheadle Hulme, near Stockport, Cheshire, Greater Manchester, SK8 6RQ
Holidays: Year 1 is 25 days plus bank holidays, rising to 30 days plus bank holidays after 5 years
Close date: Friday 11 January 2019
Teachers’ Pension Scheme, on site gym, employee assistance programme, online retail and leisure discounts, doggy day care/grooming service, cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, free parking and generous holidays!
Apply here or for more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We provide an environment that is safeguarded and as part of our safer recruitment policy, successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check (no cost) and full references will be taken.
We value diversity and are committed to equal opportunities. Disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria on the person specification will be guaranteed an interview.
This charity is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.