Address:The Hive College (WSUCBPT)
Perry Common Road
38 weeks per year
- Residential or
September to July, 4 days a week
- Maximum Number of
70 (30 on the LIVE programme, 24 on the STRIVE programme, 16 on the THRIVE programme. )
19 - 25 years
- Telephone Number: 0121 373 4475
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.wsucbpt.co.uk
LIVE @ the Hive study programmes provide expert academic and vocational tuition along with advice and guidance and the support necessary to facilitate transition into employment and improve independent living skills.
Students on the LIVE programme must be able to eventually move into independent, paid employment.
STRIVE @ the Hive offers an individual curriculum centred on students and their families own community giving them the independence and confidence to use community facilities.
The students on the STRIVE programme have Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD)
The students on the LIVE programme are grouped by ability and are studying Workskills as their main qualification at entry 3, level 1 and level 2. Units reflect preparation for the workplace and enterprise skills.
In addition, students study vocational skills, maths, English and ICT. Independent living skills such as healthy eating, business operations and a very large focus on work placement forms the LIVE curriculum.
The STRIVE‘s main qualification is Entry 1 Personal Progress. The curriculum focuses on the outcome of the young person’s integration into their local community and covers a range of multi-sensory activities.
Our college has adapted classrooms and specialist bath rooming facilities. There is a full time nurse along with male and female care assistants and all the required medical resources are in place. Class numbers are small allowing for a very high student / teaching assistant ratio. All resources for learning are in place such as specialised classroom furniture, teaching resources and trained staff for visually and hearing impaired students.
> Our expertise
We have expertise in meeting the needs of students with:
- A wide range of physical disabilities
- Moderate learning difficulties
- Profound and multiple learning difficulties
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students who are blind or visually impaired
- Expertise in meeting the needs of d/Deaf students
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students who have specific learning difficulties
- Communication difficulties
> Our curriculum
- Opportunities to follow vocational courses
- A personal development programme
- A social skills programme
- Opportunities for students to participate in community activities and to learn about citizenship
- A programme to help students to look after themselves more independently
- Opportunities to prepare for work after college
- Opportunities to improve literacy, numeracy and/or communication skills
- Opportunities to experiment with sound, touch, smell and sight in order to aid learning
> Our specialist services
- Extensive use of assistive and adaptive technologies
- A range of therapeutic services
- Sessions to improve posture and mobility
- Specialist staff to meet personal care requirements
- In-house nursing services