Residential and Day provision for young people with moderate to severe learning difficulties including communication.
37 and 52 weeks weeks per year
- Residential or
Residential and Day
Flexible start dates
- Maximum Number of
16 - 25 years
We are a specialist college providing personalised learning and transition programmes to young adults with learning disabilities. We work with students with learning, sensory and communication difficulties. We offer day and residential places. Students are supported to develop personal, social, vocational and independent living skills through a sensory and practical curriculum. A community ethos encourages all to contribute to the best of their abilities.
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students with autism spectrum disorder
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students with severe autism spectrum disorder
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students with autism spectrum disorder with associated challenging behaviour
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students with moderate learning difficulties
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students with severe learning difficulties
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students with profound and multiple learning difficulties
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students with multi-sensory impairment
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students who have specific learning difficulties
Each student has an individualised programme which is carefully planned to meet their needs and interests. Personalised programmes focus on personal development, health and well-being, independent living skills, work skills, functional skills (communication, literacy, numeracy and ICT), therapeutic and social learning opportunities. A holistic approach is taken and a range of therapies, such as art therapy, speech and language, and massage offered. Students gain a range of qualifications and progress to employment, voluntary work and appropriate living arrangements.
- A programme to help students to look after themselves more independently
- A personal development programme
- Opportunities to improve literacy, numeracy and/or communication skills
- Opportunities to develop strategies to promote appropriate behaviour
- A programme to enable students to learn more about themselves and how to form relationships
- Opportunities to prepare for work after college
- Opportunities to experience real work situations
- A transition programme into independent living
The college is well resourced and facilities include craft workshops and independence flats/houses. The college works in partnership with local employers to provide a comprehensive programme of learning and work experience. Students have access to speech and language therapy and regular tutorials. Small group sizes mean students receive individualised attention to help them learn.
- A range of therapeutic services
- In-house speech and language therapy
- Waking night residential staff
- Registered with the Care Quality Commission / Care and Social Services Inspectorate Wales
- Residential provision linked to the academic year
- Residential provision extending beyond the academic year
- Specialist staff to meet personal care requirements