- Telephone Number: 0121 378 3242
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Website: http://www.trinityspecialistcollege.co.uk
Trinity Specialist College is an FE placement for young people with LD, and/or ASC.
- Residential or
Courses are individualised to the needs of the young people. Courses last for a maximum of 3 years and run from September to July each year.
- Maximum Number of
Trinity Specialist College is a Further Education day placement college providing a 36 week provision for students with learning disabilities, challenging behaviours and/or Autistic Spectrum Condition (ASC).
The college is small and friendly and currently caters for 20 students at ‘The Lindridge’, which is a converted and much extended farmhouse located in a beautiful rural setting surrounded by farm land, and a further 10 places based approximately 10 minutes away by Sutton Park.
The buildings are spacious with three large classrooms, each accommodating up to 10 students. There is space for group sessions, individual work stations, ICT work stations, relaxation areas and ‘safe spaces’ where students are encouraged to self-manage their anxieties.
There are wet rooms for personal care, a large garden with picnic benches and sporting facilities, a sensory cabin and a domestic kitchen and laundry where learners can develop their independence skills.
The curriculum has been created to accommodate a personalised timetable based on the needs of individual students. It engages students on and off site and both in and around the community. It is flexible and always focuses on the key priorities of the college, which are: to enable learners to develop skills that support a successful transition to adulthood; to promote and build upon their individual level of independence; and, where possible, to develop employment possibilities, travel training opportunities and help facilitate semi-independent living.
The college offers a wide range of accredited and non-accredited courses to meet the individual needs of young people and with a view to increasing their independence and social skills in all aspects of their life.
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students with autism spectrum disorder with associated challenging behaviour
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students with autism spectrum disorder
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students with severe learning difficulties
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students with moderate learning difficulties
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students with behavioural difficulties
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students with communication difficulties
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students with epilepsy and/or associated neurological conditions
The college curriculum is bespoke to meet the needs of the individual and support their progression.
- A personal development programme
- A programme to help students to look after themselves more independently
- Opportunities to prepare for further training after college
- Opportunities to explore a range of living options after college
- Opportunities for work experience
- Opportunities to improve literacy, numeracy and/or communication skills
- Opportunities to improve communication skills such as the use of Makaton, Bliss, symbols or objects of reference
We have a range Therapies SALT/Psychology/Music/Ocular support and Physio available.
- A range of therapeutic services
- Help with finding suitable long term provision
- Specialist staff to meet personal care requirements
- Specialist orientation and mobility training to enable independent travel
- Guidance and counselling services