Address:Trinity Specialist College
19 – 25
- Telephone Number: 0121 378 3242
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Website: https://trinityspecialistcollege.co.uk/
Trinity Specialist College is a Further Education day placement college providing a 36 week provision for indviduals with learning disabilities and/or Autistic Spectrum Condition (ASC).
The college is small and friendly and currently caters for learners at ‘The Lindridge’, which is a converted and much extended farmhouse located in a beautiful rural setting surrounded by farm land, and at a satellite building.
The buildings at 'The Lindridge' are spacious with three large rooms, each accommodating up to ten students, and two cabins. There is space for group sessions, individual work stations, ICT work stations, relaxation areas and ‘safe spaces’ where learners are encouraged to self-manage their anxieties. There are wet rooms for personal care, a large garden with picnic benches and sporting facilities, a sensory cabin and a domestic kitchen and laundry where learners can develop their independence skills. The satellite buiding has a large room and four smaller rooms suitable for a range of group and smaller activites.
The curriculum has been created to accommodate a personalised timetable based on the needs of individual needs. It engages learners on and off site and both in and around the community. It is flexible and always focuses on the key priorities of the college, which are: to enable learners to develop skills that support a successful transition to adulthood; to promote and build upon their individual level of independence; and, where possible, to develop employment possibilities, travel training opportunities and help facilitate semi-independent living.
The college offers a wide range of accredited and non-accredited courses to meet the individual needs of young people and with a view to increasing their independence and social skills in all aspects of their life.
At Trinity Specialist College there are four curriculum pathways -
Employability Pathway for learners who may wish to gain employment or consider volunteering in the future.
Independence Pathway for learners who wish to further develop skills linked to everyday life, community access and work based experience.
Life and Living Pathway for learners who wish to further develop personal skills, independence, community access and interests.
Sensory Pathway for learners who wish to further develop independence skills and address sensory needs.
Each pathway includes one or all of the following areas:-
- Communication and Interaction
- Social, emotional and mental health
- Sensory and Physical
- Health and Wellbeing
- Independent Living Skills
- Employability Skills inclduing Careers Advice and Guidance
- Behaviour Support
- Enterprise activities
- Sensory engagement
- Travel training
- Enrichment activities
- Making Safeguarding Personal
- British Values
- Equality and Diversity
- Accredited provision
- Online safety
Trinity Specialist College engages the services of a qualified music therapist from Music Therapy Works. The therapist works within the multi-agency team to assess emotional well-being, physical health, social functioning, communication abilities and cognitive skills through musical responses. The therapeutic process enables growth and development.
Trinity Specialist College also works with Birmingham Community Healthcare Trust, bringing physiotherapy services to those learners requiring support. Every learner has different physical needs and a tailored physiotherapy programme specific to individual needs and goals. The physiotherapy treatments on offer help to:
Increase muscle strength through strengthening and mobilisation exercises.
Minimise abnormal patterns of movement through realignment and activation of muscles.
Improve balance and mobility through assessment of different seating and mobility aids and postural re-education.
Increase sensation through sensory stimulation.
Reduce muscle stiffness, spasms and pain through stretching programmes.
Reduce the risk of falls through balance work, gait re-education and training.
At Trinity Specialist College we believe that nothing is more important than clear communication. It is the key to unlocking potential and gives our learners a voice, regardless of their needs or ability level.We use qualified speech and language therapists from West Midlands Speech and Language Therapy Services to provide ongoing, weekly support to all of our learners.
Trinity Specialist College works with a Psychologist that assesses inidividuals and provides support strategies based around learners social, emotional and mental health needs.
> Our expertise
We have expertise in meeting the needs of students with:
- Autism spectrum disorder with associated challenging behaviour
- Autism spectrum disorder
- Severe learning difficulties
- Moderate learning difficulties
- Behavioural difficulties
- Communication difficulties
- Epilepsy and/or associated neurological conditions
> Our curriculum
- A personal development programme
- A programme to help students to look after themselves more independently
- Opportunities to prepare for further training after college
- Opportunities to explore a range of living options after college
- Opportunities for work experience
- Opportunities to improve literacy, numeracy and/or communication skills
- Opportunities to improve communication skills such as the use of Makaton, Bliss, symbols or objects of reference
> Our specialist services
- A range of therapeutic services
- Help with finding suitable long term provision
- Specialist staff to meet personal care requirements
- Specialist orientation and mobility training to enable independent travel
- Guidance and counselling services