Unit 7, The IMEX Technology Park
Bellringer Road, Trentham Lakes South,
Stoke on Trent
38 weeks per year
- Residential or
Residential and day
September - July (Also admissions accepted throughout academic year)
- Maximum Number of
16 - 25 years
- Telephone Number: 01782 647380
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.priorygroup.com
Strathmore College in Stoke on Trent is an independent, specialist residential and day college providing individualised programmes for young people aged 16-25 years.
Learners' needs range from mild to severe learning difficulties/disabilities and learners with an autistic spectrum condition, emotional and social behaviour issues, Down's syndrome and speech and language difficulties, coupled with other health related mental or physical difficulties.
We aim to provide every young person with an individually tailored programme of education, support, care, work experience, leisure and life skills and training within the community, to enable them to live as independently as possible.
Our approach enables young people to develop the confidence and skills they need to progress towards adulthood learning to manage their anxieties, build resilience to cope day to day.
Learning takes place in realistic and meaningful, practical work-based activities, linked with external employers. Young people are supported to gain vocational qualifications to support their progression and next steps.
Communication, English and maths are developed throughout the young person's programme and where appropriate leads to qualifications.
A person centred approach is taken to supporting learners, through a multi disciplinary approach of Psychology, Speech and Language, Occupational Therapy and counselling.
Learners are provided with support that enables them to engage in learning. Changes in need are responded to swiflty to ensure aspirational, positive outcomes are met.
Behavioural Support Plans are developed to support learners and progress made evidenced.
> Our expertise
We have expertise in meeting the needs of students with:
- Moderate learning difficulties
- Severe learning difficulties
- Autism spectrum disorder
- Autism spectrum disorder with associated challenging behaviour
- Communication difficulties
- Mental health needs
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students who have been affected by abuse or personal trauma
- Emotional difficulties
> Our curriculum
- A personal development programme
- A social skills programme
- Opportunities to follow vocational courses
- A programme to help students to look after themselves more independently
- Opportunities to prepare for work after college
- Opportunities for work experience
- Opportunities to improve literacy, numeracy and/or communication skills
- A transition programme into independent living
> Our specialist services
- In-house speech and language therapy
- In-house psychology services
- A range of therapeutic services
- Waking night residential staff
- Registered with the Care Quality Commission / Care and Social Services Inspectorate Wales
- Residential provision extending beyond the academic year
- Help with finding suitable long term provision
- Specialist training to enable independent travel