Address:St Piers College, Young Epilepsy
St Piers Lane
38 weeks per year
- Residential or
Residential and day
September to July but we do accept entries throughout the year
- Maximum Number of
150 students made up of residential and day placements
19 - 25 years
- Telephone Number: 01342 832243
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Website: http://college.youngepilepsy.org.uk
St Piers college provides residential and day provision for learners aged 19-25 with epilepsy or other neurological conditions and associated special needs including ASD. Many learners have additional needs, requiring physical and medical support.
The college is a calm, structured, safe and happy environment that promotes life-long learning and adult behaviour. The college focuses on the development of individual learner aspirations, independent living, vocational and employability skills, and personal skills such as assertiveness, self-confidence and self-esteem. This approach leads to the achievement of meaningful outcomes, beneficial and significant to learners’ lives when they leave the college.
The college offers a range of qualifications at Entry Level to Level 1, currently accredited by Edexcel, OCR and Asdan. These may be undertaken as Awards, Certificates and/or Diplomas and are reviewed annually to ensure that the qualifications meet the needs of the learner.
Functional skills, maths, English and communication, are embedded in all timetabled activities and delivered via specific subject teaching, both accredited and non-accredited, according to learner needs.
All learners can access work experience, either on or off campus, matched to learner needs and aspirations.
St Piers is set in a beautiful 60 acre site in the countryside of Surrey with 16 adult residential houses on site. We have a working farm and horticultural area, gym, boating lake, state of the art media suite for recording music and films, creative arts department, sensory conservation area, wood and metal workshops.
In addition we cover sports, sensory provision and have an on-site medical centre.
> Our expertise
We have expertise in meeting the needs of students with:
- Epilepsy and/or associated neurological conditions
- Severe autism spectrum disorder
- Autism spectrum disorder with associated challenging behaviour
- Moderate learning difficulties
- Severe learning difficulties
- Profound and multiple learning difficulties
- Behavioural difficulties
> Our curriculum
- Opportunities to follow vocational courses
- A specialised land-based curriculum
- Opportunities to attend local further education colleges with support
- Opportunities to experience real work situations
- Opportunities to improve literacy, numeracy and/or communication skills
- Opportunities to use and develop information technology skills
- Opportunities to develop strategies to promote appropriate behaviour
- Opportunities to take part in a wide range of social, leisure and sporting activities
> Our specialist services
- In-house speech and language therapy
- A range of therapeutic services
- In-house physiotherapy
- In-house psychology services
- In-house occupational therapy
- Waking night residential staff
- In-house medical provision
- Residential provision extending beyond the academic year