Address:St Elizabeth’s College
37 weeks per year
- Residential or
Residential and day
- Maximum Number of
19 - 25 years
- Telephone Number: 01279 844349
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Website: http://www.stelizabeths.org.uk/college
St. Elizabeth’s is 'Good' (Ofsted November 2017) independent specialist college providing further education for young adults with learning difficulties and complex needs.
The curriculum provides learners with the opportunity to develop skills for adulthood through a range of Vocational, Work Related learning and development of independent living skills. Learners are supported to develop their independence skills through an holistic programme of health, therapy and care.
The college offers young people, aged 19-25 with a range of special educational needs including epilepsy, the opportunity to develop independent living skills, work-related learning skills and skills for adulthood. The college brings together learning, housing, care and health, into an holistic programme and a lifestyle experience which mirrors that to which the learners might aspire. The majority of learners have 52 week Housing Association tenancy agreements in Much Hadham with rights and responsibilities as tenants at the heart of their learning and attend 37 weeks of formal college.
Expertise in meeting the needs of students with: epilepsy and/or associated neurological conditions; autism spectrum disorder; autism spectrum disorder with associated challenging behaviour; behavioural difficulties; emotional difficulties; mental health needs; severe learning difficulties; moderate learning difficulties.
Opportunities to: follow an individualised personal development programme; follow vocational qualifications; participate in community activities and to learn about citizenship; look after themselves more independently; improve literacy, numeracy and communication skills; develop information technology skills; promote appropriate behaviour; take part in a wide range of social, leisure and sporting activities.
St. Elizabeth's provides: residential in-house medical provision; residential provision linked to the academic year; residential provision extending beyond the academic year; waking night residential staff; in-house nursing services; a range of therapeutic services; extensive use of assistive and adaptive technologies; help with finding suitable long term provision.
> Our expertise
We have expertise in meeting the needs of students with:
- Epilepsy and/or associated neurological conditions
- Autism spectrum disorder
- Autism spectrum disorder with associated challenging behaviour
- Behavioural difficulties
- Emotional difficulties
- Mental health needs
- Severe learning difficulties
- Moderate learning difficulties
> Our curriculum
- A personal development programme
- Opportunities to follow vocational qualifications
- Opportunities for students to participate in community activities and to learn about citizenship
- A programme to help students to look after themselves more independently
- Opportunities to improve literacy, numeracy and/or communication skills
- Opportunities to use and develop information technology skills
- Opportunities to develop strategies to promote appropriate behaviour
- Opportunities to take part in a wide range of social, leisure and sporting activities
> Our specialist services
- In-house medical provision
- Residential provision linked to the academic year
- Residential provision extending beyond the academic year
- Waking night residential staff
- In-house nursing services
- A range of therapeutic services
- Extensive use of assistive and adaptive technologies
- Help with finding suitable long term provision