Steamer Quay Road
- Residential or
Throughout year start dates
- Maximum Number of
Up to 12 students per year.
16 – 25
- Telephone Number: 07525986765
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.unitedresponse.org.uk
ROC College offers personalised learning pathways and bespoke programmes of learning which take into account an individual’s preferred learning styles and environment. Individual needs are identified through Person Centred Plans (PCP) and the provision of Information Advice and Guidance (IAG).
Our goal is for learners to transition smoothly from college into work and/or greater independenace. We achieve this through providing intense and high quality support within personalised timetables.
ROC provides accredited learning based on a personalised curriculum to support individuals to develop the appropriate skills within:
- Personal and social development
- Independent Living within their local community
- Access to Leisure and Community Facilities
- Maths, English, IT and literacy Skills
- Vocational Skills and work experience opportunities leading to work experience and/or employment.
The community based programme of learning is delivered in collaboration with other providers/organisations that have been identified in individual’s PCP or IAG.
A regular review process ensures that outcomes identified within an individual’s pathway are delivered and appropriate adjustments made to the programme of learning.
Individualised environments that are conducive each learner.
Learners and staff are actively involved in the promotion and use of assistive technology including the use of I Pads and Smart phones for training purposes, and person centered planning through multi-media advocacy.
Some ROC facilities have sophisticated adaptions including changing areas.
> Our expertise
We have expertise in meeting the needs of students with:
- Behavioural difficulties
- Severe learning difficulties
- Profound and multiple learning difficulties
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students who are blind or visually impaired
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students who have specific learning difficulties