Residential and day
Mainly September but also throughout the year.
16 – 25
- Telephone Number: 01924 255281
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://camphill.ac.uk/
Camphill Wakefield is a college for students who have moderate to severe learning disabilities. We are in the centre of West and South Yorkshire sharing the best of both town and country. Our campus covers 56 acres where land-based learning provides real work experiences and skills for a wide range of student abilities.
Our award winning Craft Hub provides an inspiring range of practical learning opportunities where craft design and skills work alongside online technologies for recording and research.
Five student houses are where both day and residential students can socialise, gaining independence and life skills.
Camphill Wakefield also supports an access to work programme that has links with almost twenty local employers and aims to secure upto eight hours paid employment. close partnership working ensures that we match individual needs with employers requirements.
Outreach projects within the local community include catering, work with the elderly and project work in local parks.
Our college is a college without classrooms in an outstanding environment where learning takes place through land-based, craft and life skills programmes. Camphill Wakefield offers students hands-on learning where they gain good practical skills
Students choose to learn through engaging practical skills in an enabling environment. Individual communication and employability skills underpin all activities to gain greater independence. Most students take part in an individually tailored work experience programme.
Camphill Wakefield gives students a real opportunity to use industry standard equipment and machinery together with creative learning. We place a strong focus on students managing their own personal projects and safety, whatever their ability. This provides an environment where students gain practical and transferable skills. This might mean breaking down a task into achievable steps, team working or adapting equipment to enable students to achieve.
> Our expertise
We have expertise in meeting the needs of students with:
- Severe learning difficulties
- Moderate learning difficulties
- Autism spectrum disorder
- Communication difficulties
- Emotional difficulties
- Mental health needs
> Our curriculum
- A programme to enable students to learn more about themselves and how to form relationships
- A personal development programme
- A programme to help students to look after themselves more independently
- Opportunities for work experience
- A specialised land-based curriculum
- Opportunities to take part in a wide range of social, leisure and sporting activities
- A hospitality and catering curriculum
- A transition programme into supported or open employment
> Our specialist services
- Residential provision linked to the academic year
- Registered with the Care Quality Commission / Care and Social Services Inspectorate Wales
- In-house speech and language therapy