- Telephone Number: 01924 255281
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.pennine.ac.uk
Camphill Wakefield provides engaging environments to increase independence, communication and employability
38 weeks per year
- Residential or
Residential and day
Main start date is September but students are enrolled throughout the year
- Maximum Number of
60, of which 25 are residential and 35 day
16 - 25 years
Camphill Wakefield is a college for students who have moderate to severe learning disabilities. We are in the centre of West and South Yorkshire sharing the best of both town and country. Our campus covers 56 acres where land-based learning provides real work experiences and skills for a wide range of student abilities.
Our award winning Craft Hub provides an inspiring range of practical learning opportunities where craft design and skills work alongside online technologies for recording and research.
Five student houses are where both day and residential students can socialise, gaining independence and life skills.
Camphill Wakefield also supports an access to work programme that has links with almost twenty local employers and aims to secure upto eight hours paid employment. close partnership working ensures that we match individual needs with employers requirements.
Outreach projects within the local community include catering, work with the elderly and project work in local parks.
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students with severe learning difficulties
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students with moderate learning difficulties
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students with autism spectrum disorder
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students with communication difficulties
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students with emotional difficulties
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students with mental health needs
Our college is a college without classrooms in an outstanding environment where learning takes place through land-based, craft and life skills programmes. Camphill Wakefield offers students hands-on learning where they gain good practical skills
Students choose to learn through engaging practical skills in an enabling environment. Individual communication and employability skills underpin all activities to gain greater independence. Most students take part in an individually tailored work experience programme.
- A programme to enable students to learn more about themselves and how to form relationships
- A personal development programme
- A programme to help students to look after themselves more independently
- Opportunities for work experience
- A specialised land-based curriculum
- Opportunities to take part in a wide range of social, leisure and sporting activities
- A hospitality and catering curriculum
- A transition programme into supported or open employment
Camphill Wakefield gives students a real opportunity to use industry standard equipment and machinery together with creative learning. We place a strong focus on students managing their own personal projects and safety, whatever their ability. This provides an environment where students gain practical and transferable skills. This might mean breaking down a task into achievable steps, team working or adapting equipment to enable students to achieve.
- Residential provision linked to the academic year
- Registered with the Care Quality Commission / Care and Social Services Inspectorate Wales
- In-house speech and language therapy