Address:Thomas Doran Parkanaur Trust - Parkanaur College
57 Parkanaur Road
52 weeks per year
- Residential or
- Maximum Number of
- Telephone Number: 028 8776 1272/028 8776 1336
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.parkanaurcollege.org
Parkanaur is an independent specialist residential college committed to promoting equally the vocational education and personal development of people aged 18+ with a range of intellectual, physical and/or sensory disabilities and learning difficulties.
The college aims, within a residential setting, to provide the opportunity for people with disabilities to bridge the gap and facilitate the transition between school or the sheltered home environment, to employment and independent living.
Thomas Doran Parkanaur Trust is a member of the Charity Coimmission..
Students are offered a range of courses aimed at providing access to nationally recognised qualifications, vocational training and work experience. The college currently offers OCN level 1, 2 and 3 qualifications in General Administration, Horticulture, Catering and Hospitality, Assembled & Upholstered Furniture Production. Extra-curricular activities are a key part of the Parkanaur experience, which seeks to provide the students with leisure activities and independent living skills.
Parkanaur supports transition into adult life for young people with autism/complex needs, learning disabilities and challenging behaviour. Parkanaur College is an outstanding specialist college with vocational programmes designed to help young people build employability skills through real work experience.
> Our expertise
We have expertise in meeting the needs of students with:
- Moderate learning difficulties
- Asperger syndrome
- Emotional difficulties
- Mental health needs
- Severe learning difficulties
- Expertise in meeting the needs of d/Deaf students
- Behavioural difficulties
- Severe autism spectrum disorder
> Our curriculum
- A hospitality and catering curriculum
- A programme to help students to look after themselves more independently
- Opportunities to prepare for work after college
- Opportunities for work experience
- Opportunities to improve literacy, numeracy and/or communication skills
- A transition programme into independent living
- Opportunities to take part in a wide range of social, leisure and sporting activities
- Opportunities to explore a range of living options after college
> Our specialist services
- Specialist training to enable independent travel
- Waking night residential staff
- Specialist staff to meet personal care requirements
- Help with finding suitable long term provision
- Registered with the Care Quality Commission / Care and Social Services Inspectorate Wales
- Residential provision linked to the academic year
- Residential provision extending beyond the academic year