North East Lincolnshire
36 weeks, 52 week placements are available
- Residential or
Residential and day
September, however we can accommodate new starters throughout the year
- Maximum Number of
16 - 25 years
- Telephone Number: 01472 372303/310
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.linkage.co.uk
Linkage College provides specialist further education for students aged between 16 and 25, catering for a wide range of learning disabilities/difficulties.
The college has campuses in Greater Lincolnshire, at Grimsby, Toynton All Saints near Spilsby, and Lincoln. Personalised study programmes are designed to enable students to develop their employability and/or independence skills. Maths, English and ICT are integral to all students’ programmes.
Residential accommodation is of excellent quality, staffed 24 hours a day, and registered with the Care Quality Commission.
Study programmes are based around employability and/or independence, along with specialist support from highly-trained and friendly staff.
‘Employability’ study programmes focus on preparation for the world of work, offering a range of vocational opportunities including horticulture, business administration, media, customer service, retail, catering and food service. The college offers a very wide range of external work experience placements and supported internships with local employers.
‘Independence’ study programmes encourage independent living skills, developing good relationships, working and co-operating with others, making decisions, developing new skills, learning how to stay safe and participating within the community.
Our curriculum also features Project-based learning, giving students the opportunity to embed work-based skills. The projects include:
Linkage Vintage: transforming old furniture into sellable items.
Horticulture: growing plants to sell, making planters and hanging baskets.
Retail: selling everyday items from our on-site shop.
Media: creating bespoke items for customers using a range of different equipment.
Vocational learning takes place in realistic working environments.
An excellent clinical team including speech and language therapy (SALT), communcation specialist and behavioural specialist .
Grimsby and Toynton campuses
Well-equipped Karten IT centres
State of the art Horticulture glasshouse
> Our expertise
We have expertise in meeting the needs of students with:
- Autism spectrum disorder
- Asperger syndrome
- Autism spectrum disorder with associated challenging behaviour
- Severe learning difficulties
- Moderate learning difficulties
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students who have specific learning difficulties
- Communication difficulties
> Our curriculum
- Opportunities to follow vocational qualifications
- Opportunities to experience real work situations
- A personal development programme
- Opportunities for work experience
- A transition programme into supported or open employment
- A transition programme into independent living
- Opportunities to improve literacy, numeracy and/or communication skills
- A programme to help students to look after themselves more independently
> Our specialist services
- In-house speech and language therapy
- Specialist training to enable independent travel
- Guidance and counselling services
- Residential provision extending beyond the academic year
- Waking night residential staff
- Registered with the Care Quality Commission / Care and Social Services Inspectorate Wales
- Specialist staff to meet personal care requirements
- Help with finding suitable long term provision