North East Lincolnshire
- Telephone Number: 01472 372303/310
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Website: http://www.linkage.co.uk
Specialist independent college post-16, moderate through to complex learning difficulties and disabilities
36 weeks, 52 week placements are available
- Residential or
Residential and day
September, however we can accommodate new starters throughout the year
- Maximum Number of
16 - 25 years
Linkage College provides specialist further education for students aged between 16 and 25, catering for a wide range of learning disabilities/difficulties.
The college has campuses in Greater Lincolnshire, at Grimsby, Toynton All Saints near Spilsby, and Lincoln. Personalised study programmes are designed to enable students to develop their employability and/or independence skills. Maths, English and ICT are integral to all students’ programmes.
Residential accommodation is of excellent quality, staffed 24 hours a day, and registered with the Care Quality Commission.
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students with autism spectrum disorder
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students with Asperger syndrome
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students with autism spectrum disorder with associated challenging behaviour
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students with severe learning difficulties
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students with moderate learning difficulties
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students who have specific learning difficulties
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students with communication difficulties
Study programmes are based around employability and/or independence, along with specialist support from highly-trained and friendly staff.
‘Employability’ study programmes focus on preparation for the world of work, offering a range of vocational opportunities including horticulture, business administration, media, customer service, retail, catering and food service. The college offers a very wide range of external work experience placements and supported internships with local employers.
‘Independence’ study programmes encourage independent living skills, developing good relationships, working and co-operating with others, making decisions, developing new skills, learning how to stay safe and participating within the community.
Our curriculum also features Project-based learning, giving students the opportunity to embed work-based skills. The projects include:
Linkage Vintage: transforming old furniture into sellable items.
Horticulture: growing plants to sell, making planters and hanging baskets.
Retail: selling everyday items from our on-site shop.
Media: creating bespoke items for customers using a range of different equipment.
- Opportunities to follow vocational qualifications
- Opportunities to experience real work situations
- A personal development programme
- Opportunities for work experience
- A transition programme into supported or open employment
- A transition programme into independent living
- Opportunities to improve literacy, numeracy and/or communication skills
- A programme to help students to look after themselves more independently
Vocational learning takes place in realistic working environments.
An excellent clinical team including speech and language therapy (SALT), communcation specialist and behavioural specialist .
Grimsby and Toynton campuses
Well-equipped Karten IT centres
State of the art Horticulture glasshouse
- In-house speech and language therapy
- Specialist training to enable independent travel
- Guidance and counselling services
- Residential provision extending beyond the academic year
- Waking night residential staff
- Registered with the Care Quality Commission / Care and Social Services Inspectorate Wales
- Specialist staff to meet personal care requirements
- Help with finding suitable long term provision