- Telephone Number: 01803 865075
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Website: http://www.lifeworks-uk.org/our-services/further-education/
Lifeworks College welcomes all students with a learning disability. Students follow individualised study programmes that are flexible, tailored to each students needs and are designed to support the student in gaining the skills that will enable them to progress and lead safe, happy and full lives. Where appropriate, nationally accredited qualifications are available.
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students with moderate learning difficulties
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students who have specific learning difficulties
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students with autism spectrum disorder
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students with severe autism spectrum disorder
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students with behavioural difficulties
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students with emotional difficulties
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students with Asperger syndrome
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students with autism spectrum disorder with associated challenging behaviour
With a thread of Preparing for Adulthood throughout our study programmes, our curriculum includes personal development, sport and recreation, creative and performing arts, independent living skills and work skills. There is an emphasis on independence and the gaining of work-related skills. All students participate in long-term work placement programmes supported by our own staff with the aim of this leading to a range of employment opportunities. There is a focus on living skills to support the student to move towards more independent living. There is also an emphasis on lifelong health and fitness by encouraging cooking and personal fitness.
- Opportunities for work experience
- Opportunities to prepare for work after college
- Opportunities to improve literacy, numeracy and/or communication skills
- A transition programme into supported or open employment
- Opportunities to prepare for further training after college
- Opportunities to attend local further education colleges with support
- Opportunities to develop strategies to promote appropriate behaviour
- Opportunities to experience real work situations
The College is governed and supported by Lifeworks Charity and is staffed by qualified and experienced teachers and support assistants. There is medical, speech and physiotherapy support when required. Outcomes are primarily a clear and planned route into adult life. Lifeworks has a wealth of experience in supporting learning disabled young people through respite care, residential care, educational and sport programmes.
- Specialist training to enable independent travel
- Guidance and counselling services