Leigh Sports Stadium
- Telephone Number: 01942 877715
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Website: http://www.expanselearning.co.uk/
Expanse Learning are specialists in delivering education via our Preparing for Adulthood curriculum for 16-25-year-old young people with Special Education Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
Our team of specialist educators, Health and Care professionals provide quality education, personal care and medical support enabling students to undertake personalised Study Programmes to develop, Personal Skills, Work Skills and English and maths. via one of four pathways, dependent on individual need and planned outcomes.
- Preparation for Adulthood Programme
- Workskills Programme
- Enhanced Work Experience Programme
- Supported Internships
Study Programmes will stretch and challenge students to allow them to achieve qualifications, undertake work experience activities and increase confidence by working with their tutor and teams achieve their goals, whilst meeting their educational and career aspirations.
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students with acquired brain injury
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students with autism spectrum disorder with associated challenging behaviour
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students with behavioural difficulties
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students with emotional difficulties
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students with mental health needs
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students with moderate learning difficulties
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students with epilepsy and/or associated neurological conditions
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students who have specific learning difficulties
Our Curriculum enables students to choose a specialist programme area designed based on their needs, aspirations and identified progression outcome.
Employment: Classroom sessions and exploration of employment options and work experience activities with accredited vocational subjects offered include:
- Retail and Business
- Creative and Digital Media
- Hospitality and Catering
- Horticulture and Land Based Studies
- Health and Social Care
Independent Living: Classroom and external activities enabling young people to develop awareness and capacity to make choices and take control over their lives covering personal finances, health, leisure, rights and responsibilities accommodation etc.
Participating in society: Activities to develop friendships and supportive relationships, and participating in / contributing to the local community via enterprise, volunteering and leisure.
Being healthy: Classroom sessions and activities aimed at developing students’ knowledge and awareness of living healthy lives and working with health professionals.
- Opportunities to follow vocational courses
- A personal development programme
- A social skills programme
- Opportunities for students to participate in community activities and to learn about citizenship
- A programme to help students to look after themselves more independently
- Opportunities for work experience
- A transition programme into independent living
- Opportunities to take part in a wide range of social, leisure and sporting activities
We have centres based in Leigh and Wigan which are fully accessible, are equipped with Sensory Rooms, have personal care suites, specialist equipment, state of the art IT resources and have bespoke teaching / open spaces.
- Extensive use of assistive and adaptive technologies
- Sessions to improve posture and mobility
- In-house occupational therapy
- Specialist orientation and mobility training to enable independent travel
- Specialist training to enable independent travel
- Guidance and counselling services
- Help with finding suitable long term provision
- Specialist staff to meet personal care requirements