Leigh Sports Stadium
39 Weeks Per Year
- Residential or
September 2019 – July 2020
- Maximum Number of
- Telephone Number: 01942 877715
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Website: http://www.expanselearning.co.uk/
Expanse Learning are specialists in delivering education via our Preparing for Adulthood curriculum for 16-25-year-old young people with Special Education Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
Our team of educators, pastoral staff and healthcare professionals provide quality education, personal care and medical support enabling students to undertake a Study Programme aimed at developing their personal skills; work related skills and English and maths. via one of four pathways, dependent on individual need and planned outcomes.
- Preparation for Adulthood Programme
- Workskills Programme
- Enhanced Work Experience Programme
- Supported Internships
Study Programmes stretch and challenge students to enable them to achieve qualifications, undertake work experience activities and increase student confidence and understanding whilst working with our specialist teams to achieve individually negotiated targets which mapped to meeting their career / independent living aspirations.
We are a regional provider and recruit students from across the Northwest, primarily Greater Manchester, Lancashire and Cheshire.
The Launchapd curriculum enables students to choose a specialist programme area designed based on their needs, aspirations and identified progression outcome.
Employability: Classroom sessions and exploration of employment options and work experience activities with accredited vocational subjects offered include:
- Retail and Business
- Creative and Digital Media
- Hospitality and Catering
- Horticulture and Land Based Studies
- Health and Social Care
Independent Living: Classroom and external activities enabling young people to develop awareness and capacity to make choices and take control over their lives covering personal finances, health, leisure, rights and responsibilities accommodation etc.
Participating in society: Activities to develop friendships and supportive relationships, and participating in / contributing to the local community via enterprise, volunteering and leisure.
Being healthy: Classroom sessions and activities aimed at developing students’ knowledge and awareness of living healthy lives and working with health professionals.
We have centres based in Leigh, Wigan and Warrington, all of which are fully accessible, are equipped with sensory spaces, personal care facilities, specialist adaptive equipment and state of the art IT resources. All the centre have functional classroomspace and access to safe outdoor spaces.
To ensure Expanse Group remain at the cutting edge of SEND provision, we work closely with other partners including Natspec, Karten Trust and Warrington Disability Partnership amongst others. We have also opened our first Independent Special School in Wigan.
> Our expertise
We have expertise in meeting the needs of students with:
- Acquired brain injury
- Autism spectrum disorder with associated challenging behaviour
- Behavioural difficulties
- Emotional difficulties
- Mental health needs
- Moderate learning difficulties
- Epilepsy and/or associated neurological conditions
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students who have specific learning difficulties
> Our curriculum
- Opportunities to prepare for work after college
- Opportunities to follow vocational courses
- Opportunities to improve literacy, numeracy and/or communication skills
- Opportunities to follow vocational qualifications
- Opportunities to prepare for further training after college
- A personal development programme
- A social skills programme
- Opportunities for students to participate in community activities and to learn about citizenship
- Opportunities to use and develop information technology skills
- A programme to help students to look after themselves more independently
- Opportunities for work experience
- A transition programme into independent living
- Opportunities to take part in a wide range of social, leisure and sporting activities
- A programme to enable students to learn more about themselves and how to form relationships
> Our specialist services
- Extensive use of assistive and adaptive technologies
- Sessions to improve posture and mobility
- In-house occupational therapy
- Specialist orientation and mobility training to enable independent travel
- Specialist training to enable independent travel
- Guidance and counselling services
- Help with finding suitable long term provision
- Specialist staff to meet personal care requirements