The Grafton Centre
Grafton, Nr Montford Bridge
Residential and day
September (and during the year when required)
18 – 25
- Telephone Number: 01743 872250
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://www.condovercollege.co.uk
Condover College Ltd is a small independent specialist college who specialise in creating individual learning programmes for students with severe learning disabilities; students with profound and multiple learning difficulties and those who have behaviours which challenge inclusion.
Students can attend college on a day or residential basis.
We are a non campus-based college. The education is delivered through the academic year (38 weeks), from Monday to Friday between 10:00 to 16:00.
Residential placements are in high quality homes within the local community on a 38 or 52 week basis depending on funding.
We also offer post-college life-long residential care, an opportunities programme for day and residential learners and respite services.
National - Based in Shropshire
Our Design for Living curriculum incorporates individual learning programmes with therapies and accreditation through OCR, the English Speaking Board and the Duke of Edinburgh Award.
We offer high quality study programmes incorporating: independence, work and community engagement, and employability opportunities, health and wellbeing, functional skills, communication, and personal and social development. We also offer an Employability Pathway that leads to a Supported Internship .
- in-house speech and language therapy
- in-house physiotherapy
- in-house occupational therapy including sensory specialists
- in-house behaviour specialists
- speech and language assessments
- individual communication programmes
- learning in a total communication environment
- high and low tech augmentative and alternative communication
- a sensory curriculum
- a wide range of opportunities for community learning and participation
- access to counsellors and other specialist therapists
- specialist sensory assessments
- mobility programmes
- support for specific health needs through structured programmes
> Our expertise
We have expertise in meeting the needs of students with:
- Profound and multiple learning difficulties
- Communication difficulties
- Severe learning difficulties
- Multi-sensory impairment
- Severe autism spectrum disorder
- Behavioural difficulties
- Epilepsy and/or associated neurological conditions
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students who are blind or visually impaired
> Our curriculum
- A programme to help students to look after themselves more independently
- Opportunities to improve communication skills such as the use of Makaton, Bliss, symbols or objects of reference
- Opportunities to improve and develop communication skills through the use of Alternative and Augmentative Communication aids
- Opportunities for work experience
- A transition programme into supported or open employment
- A social skills programme
- Opportunities to develop strategies to promote appropriate behaviour
- Opportunities to experiment with sound, touch, smell and sight in order to aid learning
> Our specialist services
- In-house speech and language therapy
- In-house physiotherapy
- Sessions to improve posture and mobility
- Specialist staff to meet personal care requirements
- Waking night residential staff
- Residential provision extending beyond the academic year
- Registered with the Care Quality Commission / Care and Social Services Inspectorate Wales
- In-house medical provision