Oakesway Business Park
- Telephone Number: 01429 236561
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.catcotefutures.co.uk
Catcote Futures Learning and Skills Centre is a unique college offering a stimulating, personalised and fulfilling curriculum which is dynamic in its development. We firmly believe that our students deserve as many opportunities and experiences as we can offer to support them on their journey into adulthood. We are committed to providing realistic opportunities through our exceptional vocational skills centre and with an extensive range of local employers in a friendly and rewarding atmosphere.
Our vision is to ensure that Catcote Futures continues to be a centre of excellence for Post 19 students and lifelong learners, where students can fulfil their potential, grow in confidence and, above all, be happy.
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students with severe learning difficulties
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students with profound and multiple learning difficulties
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students with autism spectrum disorder
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students with communication difficulties
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students with severe autism spectrum disorder
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students with multi-sensory impairment
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students with mental health needs
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students with epilepsy and/or associated neurological conditions
Our innovative curriculum provides individual study programmes focussing on the needs, interests and aspirations of all our learners based on the 4 pathways leading to adulthood. This is then differentiated into a further 4 curriculum pathways matched to the needs and abilities of the learner to ensure the best and most appropriate teaching and learning approach to support accessibility, engagement and progression.
- Sensory Explorers - PMLD classes following a structured, multi-sensory curriculum.
- Aiming High - Complex SLD/ASD classes following highly structured and personalised experiences.
- Reaching Out - Specialist ASD provision working together and accessing other groups in college.
- Taking the Lead - A fluid curriculum based on students choice.
- A personal development programme
- A programme to help students to look after themselves more independently
- Opportunities to experience real work situations
- Opportunities to take part in a range of business activities
- Opportunities to improve literacy, numeracy and/or communication skills
- Opportunities for students to participate in community activities and to learn about citizenship
- Opportunities to experiment with sound, touch, smell and sight in order to aid learning
- Opportunities to take part in a wide range of social, leisure and sporting activities
Our newly refurbished Learning and Skills Centre is specially designed to provide genuine and realistic learning experiences in Lifeskills, and vocational options including Horticulture, Hospitality and Catering, Reprographics, Hair and Beauty, Art, Pottery, Woodwork, Office Skills, Creative Media and Retail. We have embedded enterprise throughout our curriculum and also have a gym, Jacuzzi, sensory room and forest school. Our offsite shop and café provide ‘real’ work employment experiences. We have highly skilled staff who have specialist skills in many different areas.
- Specialist staff to meet personal care requirements
- Extensive use of assistive and adaptive technologies
- In-house medical provision
- In-house occupational therapy
- A range of therapeutic services
- Guidance and counselling services
- Sessions to improve posture and mobility