Address:Cambian Wing College.
126 Richmond Park Road
Academic programmes run for 38 weeks
- Residential or
Residential and day
September to July
- Maximum Number of
16 - 25 years
- Telephone Number: 01202 635630
- Email Address: Louise.email@example.com
- Website: http://www.cambiangroup.com
Cambian Wing College is an independent specialist college that offers holistic study programmes for learners aged 16-25 with a diagnosis of high-functioning autism and associated mental health conditions. Students benefit from a range of care and therapy services that support excellent outcomes in both academic and vocational study programmes.
We are funded by the Education Skills Funding Agency to deliver high-quality, bespoke study programmes for all of our students. Based on each student’s ability and ambitions, these programmes are designed to include a broad range of academic and vocational learning opportunities alongside work based learning, enrichment and tutorial, with an overall aim to meet the four Preparing for Adulthood outcomes:
- Community Inclusion
All programmes include a focus on the development of English and maths skills at an appropriate level and achievements are accredited through a wide range of recognised awarding bodies.
The college is registered with both the Care Quality Commission (CQC) for residential houses which are situated in the community, and with Ofsted for education. Both CQC and Ofsted undertake regular and rigorous inspections and in 2016, both the college and the residential provision were rated as ‘Good’.
When at college, our students benefit from a wide range of therapy and care services including sensory spaces, allotments, gardens, a music room, health and fitness areas and ‘chill out’ space. All of our staff are fully trained to meet the needs of young people with high-functionaing autism and can access support from our in-house clinical team which includes a mental health practitioner, consultant psychiatrist, clinical psychologist, speech and language therapist and occupational therapists.
> Our expertise
We have expertise in meeting the needs of students with:
- Asperger syndrome
- Autism spectrum disorder with associated challenging behaviour
> Our curriculum
- Opportunities to follow vocational courses
- A personal development programme
- A social skills programme
- A programme to help students to look after themselves more independently
- Opportunities to prepare for work after college
- Opportunities for work experience
- Opportunities to improve literacy, numeracy and/or communication skills
- Opportunities to experience real work situations
> Our specialist services
- In-house speech and language therapy
- A range of therapeutic services
- In-house psychology services
- In-house psychiatric services
- In-house occupational therapy
- Specialist training to enable independent travel
- Registered with the Care Quality Commission / Care and Social Services Inspectorate Wales
- Residential provision linked to the academic year