- Telephone Number: 0800 138 1184
- Email Address: Rebecca.Dinneen@cambiangroup.com
- Website: http://www.cambiangroup.com/ourservices/service/home.aspx?Id=163&s=17
Specialist further education college for young people with a learning disability and complex needs
From 38 weeks to 52 weeks per year
- Residential or
Residential and day
Admissions throughout the academic year
- Maximum Number of
16 - 25 years
Cambian Pengwern College is an independent provider of specialist further education in North Wales, offering day, and up to 52-week residential placements for young people aged 16 to 25 with a learning disability and complex needs.
The college's person-centred approach ensures that learners have individualised study programmes, developed to effectively match their needs, personal decisions and future aspirations; be the focus on daily living skills, academic or vocational qualifications or independent living.
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students with autism spectrum disorder
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students with autism spectrum disorder with associated challenging behaviour
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students with behavioural difficulties
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students with moderate learning difficulties
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students with severe learning difficulties
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students with profound and multiple learning difficulties
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students who have specific learning difficulties
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students with communication difficulties
The college provides flexible routes to full qualifications and offers units of study from pre-entry to entry level 3, leading to awards, certificates and diplomas.
The core curriculum is complemented by a range of enrichment activities that enable learners to develop new friendships and interests. They can choose from a variety of activities and clubs including: arts and crafts, basketball, boccia, bowling, cycling, dance, drama, fishing, football, gym, indoor/outdoor games, keep-fit, music, photography, pilates, pottery, rambling, swimming, visiting places of interest.
- Opportunities to follow vocational courses
- Opportunities to follow vocational qualifications
- Opportunities for students to participate in community activities and to learn about citizenship
- Opportunities to prepare for further training after college
- Opportunities to explore a range of living options after college
- A programme to help students to look after themselves more independently
- Opportunities for work experience
- A transition programme into independent living
The college is a welcoming, family environment where learners can achieve whilst feeling safe and comfortable.
The sensory room is a therapeutic environment that offers learners a controlled and quiet space away from the bustle of college life: a place where they can fully relax and increase or decrease their sensory experience as they require.
Other on-site facilities include: ICT suites, catering, farm park, animal care centre, campus shop, classrooms for communication, literacy and numeracy, greenhouses and polytunnels, conservation woodlands, workshops for art, pottery and woodwork, outdoor classroom and teaching space.
- In-house speech and language therapy
- A range of therapeutic services
- In-house occupational therapy
- In-house psychology services
- Specialist staff to meet personal care requirements
- Help with finding suitable long term provision
- Residential provision linked to the academic year
- Specialist training to enable independent travel