- Telephone Number: 0800 138 1184
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.cambiangroup.com/ourservices/service/home.aspx?Id=162&s=17
Specialist further education college for young people with a learning disability and complex needs
From 38 weeks to 52 weeks per year
- Residential or
Residential and day
Admissions throughout the year
- Maximum Number of
16 - 25 years
Cambian Lufton College is a specialist provider of further education, offering day and up to 52-week residential placements for young people aged 16 to 25 with a learning disability and complex needs.
The college's person-centred approach ensures that learners have individualised study programmes, developed to effectively match their needs, personal decisions and future aspirations, be the focus on daily living skills, academic or vocational qualifications or independent living.
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students with autism spectrum disorder
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students with autism spectrum disorder with associated challenging behaviour
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students with behavioural difficulties
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students with severe learning difficulties
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students who have specific learning difficulties
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students with communication difficulties
Cambian Lufton College provide flexible routes to full qualifications and offer units of study from pre-entry to entry level 3, leading to awards, certificates and diplomas. Core skills and vocational study are complimented by work experience/training and life skills development.
The core curriculum is complemented by a range of enrichment activities that enable learners to develop new friendships and interests. They can choose from a variety of activities and clubs including army cadets, arts and crafts, basketball, bowling, choir, cycling, dance, drama, fishing, football, gym, indoor and outdoor games, judo, keep-fit music, photography, pilates, pottery, rambling, the Ten Tors challenge, swimming, visiting places of interest, woodwork and zumba.
- Opportunities to follow vocational courses
- A hospitality and catering curriculum
- Opportunities to follow vocational qualifications
- Opportunities to prepare for further training after college
- Opportunities to explore a range of living options after college
- Opportunities to prepare for work after college
- Opportunities for work experience
- Opportunities to improve literacy, numeracy and/or communication skills
On-site facilities include: ICT suites, life skills kitchen, animal centre, campus shop, craft workshops, classrooms for communication, literacy and numeracy, car valeting bay, greenhouses and polytunnels, lakeside conservation, refectory, workshops for art and woodwork, sports hall for dance, drama and events.
- In-house speech and language therapy
- A range of therapeutic services
- In-house physiotherapy
- In-house occupational therapy
- Specialist training to enable independent travel
- Help with finding suitable long term provision
- Residential provision linked to the academic year
- Guidance and counselling services