- Telephone Number: 0161 487 4293
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Website: http://www.togethertrust.org.uk/education/bridge-college
Profound and multiple learning disabilities, communication disorders, complex health needs, autism
- Residential or
September in each academic year
- Maximum Number of
96 full time students plus part-time and blended programmes in partnership with other providers
Bridge is a day college where all students have bespoke individualised learning programmes designed to meet their needs and aspirations. Multi-disciplinary assessments both on entry and throughout the student’s journey ensure that every young person follows an educational pathway that promotes learning. We have high expectations for our students and work hard with them, their families and external partners to ensure that every student has the opportunity for further learning, community inclusion and better life outcomes. We can provide work experience, volunteering opportunities and enterprise activities as well as a range of experiences to support the development of independence skills.
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students with communication difficulties
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students with multi-sensory impairment
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students who are blind or visually impaired
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students with epilepsy and/or associated neurological conditions
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students with profound and multiple learning difficulties
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students with severe learning difficulties
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students with emotional difficulties
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students with a wide range of physical disabilities
Students are encouraged to develop their skills and work towards their aspirations by following different learning pathways such as art and media, catering and hospitality, horticulture, sensory learning
Students learn to become confident and competent communicators who achieve improved independence through an ability to exercise choice and control and being active in planning their future.
Students can work towards externally accredited qualifications; success, progression and achievement are celebrated in many ways. Students are active in reviewing, monitoring and planning their own learning in ways that are relevant and meaningful to them.
- A hospitality and catering curriculum
- A performing arts curriculum
- A specialised land-based curriculum
- Opportunities for work experience
- Opportunities to use and develop information technology skills
- Opportunities to experiment with sound, touch, smell and sight in order to aid learning
- Opportunities to develop strategies to promote appropriate behaviour
- Opportunities to improve communication skills such as the use of Makaton, Bliss, symbols or objects of reference
hydrotherapy pool, sensory immersive environment – light and sound, rebound therapy room, sensory integration room, training catering kitchen – rise and fall learning stations, horticultural studies – accessible greenhouse, raised beds, wildflower gardens, specialist IT suite and a wide range of assistive technologies.
We also offer a surgery and medical room, spacious highly specialised hygiene rooms throughout, tracking throughout the building, specialist teachers, support workers, paramedics, nurses, physiotherapists, occupational and speech and language therapists, psychologists and assistive technologists.
We offer access to the full range of vocational facilities through our partner further education colleges and a wide variety of work experience placements.
- Extensive use of assistive and adaptive technologies
- In-house speech and language therapy
- In-house psychology services
- A range of therapeutic services
- In-house physiotherapy
- In-house psychiatric services
- In-house nursing services
- In-house medical provision