What you need to know

This section aims to give parents, families and young people information needed before making a decision about post-school education options.

The Children and Families Act means that by law:

  • you can have your views and wishes listened to
  • request a place at a specialist college or any college of your choice
  • get a personalised Education, Health and Care plan
  • appeal to a tribunal if you are not happy with the decisions.

Advice and guidance

IPSEA – Independent Parental Special Education AdviceIPSEA (Independent Parental Special Education Advice) provides a wide range of resources to help you in your plans for further education.


share this page: