- This event has passed.
There is a wide range of accessible technology in place in FE and Skills settings. For effective use of these technologies, we need to ensure that organisations integrate their use through technical solutions, policy implementation and staff knowledge.
This live session, facilitated by Natspec, will cover will explore some expected indicators within organisation which show that access to technology is truly integrated. These include: Inclusive IT policies and support, individual learner assessment for appropriate tools, staff CPD in relevant areas, and policies on accessible resources and methods of delivery.
Course delegate will be introduced to the TechAbility Standards. These standards are a method of benchmarking your provision of accessible technology and of planning future strategy. The twelve standards give goals to strive toward and guidance on how and why to implement technologies and practices.
Delegate will hear from experts in the field of Assistive Technology and accessible approaches’ to learning.
Who is this for?
This session is for:
- SEND Managers
- Heads of Learning Support
- Heads of digital and IT
- Support staff
This course is designed to:
- develop your awareness of the organisational changes required to maximise the potential of technology for learners with SEND
- provide you with action points to evaluate your current provision and to develop a pathway for greater integration
You will have the knowledge and confidence to:
- increase your knowledge of the impact accessible technology can make for individuals with SEND and for the staff supporting them
- improve your understanding of the digital infrastructure which needs to be in place to support inclusion
- improve your understanding of the knowledge and skills required by staff who support learners with SEND
- develop a list of action points to discuss within your organisation.
Please book your free place on the Education and Training Foundation’s online booking system.