TechAbility Conference 2018
16 October 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Arden Hotel, Bickenhill, Solihull, West Midlands, B92 0EH
TechAbility presents a conference for all who wish to improve and expand Assistive Technology provision for their learners. This one-day conference is focussed on increasing skills and knowledge across the FE sector. Designed to enable leaders, managers and practitioners to choose the right solutions for learners and provide an environment which supports AT to deliver education and training outcomes.
Attendees will be able to select from a range of workshops delivered by experts in the field of assistive technology and education.
Assistive Technology hardware and software will be showcased in an exhibition featuring suppliers relevant to the FE and training sector.
In addition there will be opportunities to network and learn from other providers who are implementing AT solutions.
Who should attend?
- Specialist College leaders and managers
- Leaders of specialist training provision
- Assistive Technology practitioners
- Tutors and Learning Support
- Does your IT support your AT?
- Assessing learners with complex needs
- Virtual and Mixed reality as assistive technologies
- Using voice control for access and learning
- Creating learning opportunities using mainstream tools
- The impact AT can have on learning – case studies
- Try for yourself – experience eyegaze, VR, switching, voice control…
Inside the onion – peeling back the layers of accessible practice.
Alistair is one of Jisc’s subject specialists in accessibility and inclusion. He was a key player in developing Jisc’s Accessibility Snapshot service that used ‘Mystery Shopper’ techniques to help organisations identify good practices, missed opportunities and unintended barriers. Jisc’s accessibility specialists completed over 50 snapshots in a wide range of organisations and found a lot of good practices as well as a lot of missed opportunities and a fair few ‘accessibility ironies’. This session will explore the ‘onion layers of accessibility’ that need to be in place if students are going to get the best from your investments in accessible and inclusive practice.
- Is Your IT Limiting Your AT?
- Voice Control – Learning through Alexa
- Creating Interactive Learning Activities
- 3D Printing – Real World Applications
- Grid 3 for Education
- Coding for learners with SEND
- Ask an Assistive Technologist – discussion forum
£100+vat for non-members
£50+vat for full Natspec members (specialist providers)
£80+vat for Transform members (other providers) Become a Transform member
Book now using the form below.
We will send you an e-mail confirmation and joining instructions, including a venue map approximately one week before the event.
Please notify us in writing if you wish to make any amendments to your booking, to make a substitution or a cancellation.
Cancellations can be accepted without charge up to 5 days prior to the event, after this time full event fees will apply, you will be charged if you are using a free place and cancel up to 5 days before.
Natspec reserves the right to cancel or alter the course for reasons beyond its control.