- This event has passed.
If you book onto this session, please also ensure you book onto session two and are available for both.
This interactive, online training is for quality managers or managers with responsibility for the quality of SEND or ALS/ALN provision. Unlike other training on this topic, this course focusses specifically on post-16 provision for learners with SEND.
Effective observation of teaching, learning, assessment and support is an important component of a robust quality assurance cycle. The course will examine what is involved in the observation process and the part it can play in quality assurance and improvement activities. Please note, this course is not suitable for staff new to carrying out observations.
The course is delivered online over two sessions on separate dates, to allow delegates to carry out a lesson observation – or similar activity – in the intervening period. The course includes viewing video material filmed specifically for this training.
The aim of the course is to increase your confidence and effectiveness and provide you with the tools to improve staff performance and the learner experience. The training will support you to:
- know how to best conduct observations to gain maximum benefit
- understand what areas to look for to get the bigger picture
- consider the potential lines of enquiry to follow
- formulate the questions to ask staff and learners
- produce and provide evaluative feedback
- target SMART improvement actions.
Session one (2 March):
- preparation, getting ready to observe
- areas to focus on when observing learners with SEND
- recording evidence
- observing a lesson – viewing of video 1
- observation in different learning contexts
- observations and the Ofsted deep dive approach.
Session two (31 March):
- reflections on observations
- how to give feedback
- observing a lesson – viewing of video 2
- quality assurance/quality improvement and observation of teaching, learning, assessment and support
- moderation of the observation of teaching, learning, assessment and support.
The training will be delivered by a specialist with many years of experience in conducting OTLAS and driving quality improvement. You will also have the opportunity to share your experience and learning with colleagues in similar roles.
The below cost is for each attendee. All attendees need to register separately.
This cost covers the whole course (two sessions) but you must register separately for both sessions.
- Natspec members £60 +VAT
- Transform members £100 +VAT
- Non-members £120 +VAT
Invoices will be issued, according to the cost above, after both sessions are complete.
This training is also available as an in-house programme. For further information please complete our Transform Expression of Interest form.
Details of other training courses offered by Natspec Transform can be found on our website.
Book your place
As this course is has a restricted numbers of attendees, we are limiting bookings to 4 per organisation as a maximum. If you would like this training for more people, please contact email@example.com. If you find that you cannot attend, please let us know as soon as possible so that we can make the space available for others.
By booking a place you understand that if you do not attend and have not cancelled within the agreed timeframe, you will be charged. Please ensure you read our cancellation terms and conditions prior to booking.
Please visit the zoom registration page to book your place for this event.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email from Zoom containing information about joining the meeting. Please keep this somewhere accessible and check your spam folder before contacting firstname.lastname@example.org with any issues.
It is the attendee’s responsibility to ensure they can attend Zoom training sessions. If you are unfamiliar with Zoom or wish to test your system is compatible, please use the test meeting facility. Please also regularly ensure you have the latest version.