- This event has passed.
Maths Week 2019: Maths Creative Webinar
22nd January 2019 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm
The launch of Maths week 2019 in partnership with National Numeracy.
Maths Week 2019 will run from 25 Feb – 1 March. The focus will be on the maths skills students use when they are creating, making, performing… whether that’s in relation to:
- music (composing, playing, mixing, DJing)
- dance (choreographing or performing)
- art (any medium)
- craft (designing or making)
- drama (acting, writing, directing, set design, costume, make-up…)
- spoken or written word
- creative thinking in any situation (e.g. coming up with innovative solutions to problems).
We will be setting students the challenge of submitting a showcase of the maths skills used to help them be creative. The competition will be open to any student or group of students aged 16+ with learning difficulties and disabilities. We will be running a free lunchtime webinar for tutors on 22 January, giving them ideas on how to embed maths into creative activity and help students develop the maths skills they need to create, perform, design…
Please register here to attend the webinar.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.