- This event has passed.
This is an interactive workshop for staff supporting students with SEND in the workplace, including learning support assistants, tutors, teachers, and other support roles. This course is aimed at post-16 providers running supported internships, traineeships, apprenticeships, Tech levels, or study programmes with a substantial workplace learning element.
High quality job coaching is crucial to the success of programmes for learners with SEND, where paid employment is the desired outcome. Job coaches have been described as the “glue” that holds such learning programmes together and makes them work.
This workshop will:
- introduce you to the key components of the job coach role within the context of the Supported Employment model
- provide an overview of specialist job coaching skills including vocational profiling, employer engagement, job and task analysis, job matching and on and off the job support
- through a self-audit process, give you the opportunity to appreciate the skills you already have relevant to the role and identify the skills you need to develop
- consider the job coach role and strategies for finding work placements in light of the current Covid pandemic.
This workshop will be delivered by a specialist trainer with extensive experience of working in the specialist FE sector and managing vocational programmes. There will also be the opportunity to share your experience and learning with colleagues in similar roles.
The below cost is for each attendee. All attendees need to register separately.
- Natspec members £40 +VAT
- Transform members £60 +VAT
- Non-members £80 +VAT
Attendees will be invoiced after the event.
This training is also available as an in-house programme. For further information please complete our Transform Expression of Interest form.
Details of other training courses offered by Natspec Transform can be found on the Natspec website.
This course is now full. Please visit our website for upcoming dates.
If you would like information on future dates, please check our events calendar or upcoming events page. If you are already booked on and need to cancel your place, please email us as soon as possible.
By booking a place on this course, you’re agreeing to our cancellation terms and conditions.
It is the attendee’s responsibility to ensure that they can access Zoom events. If you are unfamiliar with Zoom or wish to test your system is compatible, please use the test meeting facility.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email from Zoom containing information about joining the meeting. Please keep this somewhere accessible and check your spam before contacting email@example.com with any issues.