This is an interactive workshop for staff supporting students with SEND in the workplace, including learning support assistants, tutors, teachers, and other support roles. This course is aimed at post-16 providers running supported internships, traineeships, apprenticeships, Tech levels or, study programmes with a substantial workplace learning element.
High quality job coaching is crucial to the success of programmes for learners with SEND, where paid employment is the desired outcome. Job coaches have been described as the “glue” that holds such learning programmes together and makes them work.
This workshop will:
- introduce you to the key components of the job coach role within the context of the Supported Employment model
- provide an overview of specialist job coaching skills including vocational profiling, employer engagement, job and task analysis, job matching and on and off the job support
- through a self-audit process, give you the opportunity to appreciate the skills you already have relevant to the role and identify the skills you need to develop
- consider the job coach role and strategies for finding work placements in light of the current Covid pandemic.
This workshop will be delivered by a specialist trainer with extensive experience of working in the specialist FE sector and managing vocational programmes. There will also be the opportunity to share your experience and learning with colleagues in similar roles.
- Natspec members £40 + VAT
- Transform members £60 +VAT
- Non-members £80 +VAT
This training is also available as an in-house programme. For further information please complete our Transform Expression of Interest form.
Book your place
Please note that this course has a maximum capacity of 30 attendees. If more than 2 people from your organisation would like to attend, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before booking.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email from Zoom containing information about joining the meeting. Please keep this somewhere accessible and check your spam before contacting email@example.com with any issues.
If you are unfamiliar with Zoom or wish to test your system is compatible, please use the test meeting facility.