- This event has passed.
This event is part of our series of interactive training modules for post-16 education providers working with learners with SEND who currently use, or are thinking of introducing, the RARPA process. The modules are stand-alone courses but together provide a comprehensive package that will cover everything you need to know about RARPA to make it successful for your organisation. For more in this series, please visit our RARPA training page.
This is an interactive online training for curriculum managers and practitioners looking for a systematic way to plan provision for learners with SEND, monitor their progress and record their achievements. The training will benefit whole staff teams who are involved in RARPA. It will be helpful if you are planning to introduce RARPA, if you require a refresh, or have new staff who need an introduction to RARPA.
The aims of this RARPA training delivered over two sessions are to:
- provide an understanding of the RARPA process
- identify effective implementation of the RARPA process in SEND FE provision
- understand why effective goal and target setting is so crucial to learner progress
- improve confidence in setting person centred, aspirational targets and goals.
Session 1: Introduction to effective implementation of RARPA (16 November)
This session will:
- explain what RARPA is and why it’s particularly useful in the context of SEND FE provision
- introduce you to each of the 5 RARPA stages
- provide the opportunity for you to assess how RARPA is used or can be developed in your setting, whatever your starting point
- support your implementation of RARPA systems through the creation of an action plan.
Session two will:
- explore why effective goal and target setting is so crucial to learner progress
- review and understand why goals and targets need to be SMART
- practice developing SMART goals and smaller targets
- develop your skills in writing SMART goals and targets.
The below cost is for each attendee. All attendees need to register separately. Booking below will register you for both sessions.
This cost covers the whole course (two sessions).
- Natspec members £105 +VAT
- Natspec affiliates £135 +VAT
- Non-members £160 +VAT
If you have booked through our new online payment system, your invoice will be available immediately. If you registered directly in Zoom, you will be invoiced once, according to the costs, after both sessions are complete.
This training is also available as an in-house programme. For further information please complete our Transform Expression of Interest form.
Details of other training courses offered by Natspec Transform can be found on our website.
Book your place
Booking below will register you for both sessions.
As this course is has a restricted numbers of attendees, we are limiting bookings to 4 per organisation as a maximum. If you would like this training for more people, please contact email@example.com. If you find that you cannot attend, please let us know as soon as possible so that we can make the space available for others.
By booking a place you understand that cancellations made within 5 working days of the event will be charged at full price, unless otherwise stated. Please ensure you read our cancellation terms and conditions prior to booking.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email from Zoom containing information about joining the meeting. Please keep this somewhere accessible and check your spam folder before contacting firstname.lastname@example.org with any issues.
It is the attendee’s responsibility to ensure they can attend Zoom training sessions. If you are unfamiliar with Zoom or wish to test your system is compatible, please use the test meeting facility. Please also regularly ensure you have the latest version.