Job title: Curriculum Manager
Salary: £30,000 to £35,000 gross per annum
Hours: Full time
Main geographical location of role: BH23 8EE, New Forest
Closing date: 17/06/21
The FCRT is a unique residential, educational and transitional environment catering specifically for horse motivated young people with LDD in the heart of the New Forest. Everything our staff and students do is rooted in horse care, riding and yard routine.
We have an exciting opportunity for a passionate and dedicated teaching professional to join our management team. The main purpose of this role is to lead, manage and develop the college curriculum to maximise the delivery of Equine Facilitated Education and Therapy, whilst ensuring that all core curriculum areas and independent living skills are accommodated in a practical learning environment over the extended day; on the yard with the horses, in the community, and residentially.
Key tasks also involve;
- Allocating staff resources according to curriculum delivery and student need
- Overseeing vocational and academic qualifications
- Coordinating and developing the teaching observations cycle
- Leading the report writing process
To be successful, you should have;
- A L5 teaching qualification; a H&SC or equine qualification would be a bonus
- Extensive experience of working with young people who have SEND
- Experience of managing a curriculum in a vocational and SEND environment
- The ability to lead, develop, motivate and support colleagues
This is a full time, permanent position, with a starting salary of £30,000 to £35,000 gross per annum, and a generous annual leave entitlement starting at 35 days per annum.
The FCRT can also offer commitment to your ongoing CPD, free meals whilst on duty, and the use of company vehicles whilst on business.
If you are interested and believe you have the relevant skills and experience, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack including job description and person specification.
For an informal chat to find out more about the role and what we do please call the main reception number, 01425 673297, and ask to speak to Suzi Barnett (Assistant Principal).
The college is committed to Safeguarding, and to promoting the welfare of children and young adults; we expect all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
Closing date for applications – 5pm, Thursday 17 June, 2021
Interviews – Tuesday 22 June 2021share this page: