Job title: Academic Director
Salary: 40,000 AED or above
Hours: Full time
Main geographical location of role: Abu Dhabi
Closing date: February 27 2021
Where do applicants need to apply: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are offering a great opportunity for an Academic Director to join our world-class team in Abu Dhabi providing education for Emirati young people who are on the autistic spectrum (ASC), aged 15 to 25 years. The Academic Director will support the team with the curriculum gain the necessary skills to support with seeking employment.
We have a strong track record of creating great, positive learning environments where young people are able to attain the highest educational, behavioural and personal outcomes, and are able to go on and have fulfilling lives and careers.
We are looking for a passionate, dedicated, and inspirational professional with a proven track record in achieving the very highest standards of quality.
- Provide inspiration, motivation and vision to take the school forward
- Be resilient, dynamic and committed
- Have an understanding of both traditional and alternative educational models for ASC young people
- Provide a relentless focus on enabling all young people to raise their achievement within our training institute and beyond
- Maintain and develop the excellent existing relationships within the training institute and the wider community.
- Work in partnership with colleagues, to ensure the facility is world class in all aspects of its provision.
You will be a person able to see the possibilities of all our exceptional learners and develop a provision that enables them to thrive. We have a strong track record and approach to the continuous professional development of our professionals, and you will be joining an enthusiastic, friendly, and well qualified team. We believe the right candidate will find this post challenging, stimulating, rewarding with great career prospects in this emerging area of need, you will also find Abu Dhabi a wonderful place to live with an exceptional quality of life and standard of living your family – see https://visitabudhabi.ae
You will be provided with a generous employment package, provided with professional development and be a key part of this exciting project.
Qualifications will include:
- Degree in Education or a relevant degree with a Post Graduate Certificate in Education
- A recognised postgraduate qualification, preferably at master’s Level, and experience in working with children with ASC,
- Qualified Teacher Status; and at least 5 years’ experience teaching children with autism and other special educational needs, at least 3 of which will have been at a SMT level.
- Ideally further education experience in a special educational needs college
The training institute will work closely with parents schools and other stakeholders to create positive learning environments, underpinned by our belief and commitment to inclusion and integration into local schools and communities.
This is a truly a unique opportunity to be part of a fantastic and enthusiastic team working in an exciting country, to provide best practice and lasting change for young people on the autistic spectrum.
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com
We will be shortlisting and interviewing in the coming weeks, and should you be asked to attend interview we will contact you to request further details.
Closing date: February 27 2021
For all roles we require a minimum of two references. Please be advised that references will be requested prior to interview for all roles within our schools and further education facilities.
Al Karamah Training Institute is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and disclosures with the relevant body at an enhanced level. We are an equal opportunities employer.share this page: